Farmers stall work in Noida
Noida: Farmers affected by land acquisition here on Thursday stalled work by private builders to protest against the alleged non-implementation of High Court orders.
Farmers, under the banner `Kisan Sangarsh Samiti` stopped work and sat on a dharna in sectors 133, 128 and 142 along the Noida-Greater Noida Expressway.
"Though the authority had promised to implement the court orders, it has not yet given the developed plots," said Mahesh Awana, leader of the `samiti`.
According to him, the farmers will only resume work after the court order to give 10 percent developed land and 64 percent hike in compensation to farmers is implemented.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan