Farmers stall work in Noida
Noida: Farmers affected by land acquisition here on Thursday stalled work by private builders to protest against the alleged non-implementation of High Court orders.
Farmers, under the banner `Kisan Sangarsh Samiti` stopped work and sat on a dharna in sectors 133, 128 and 142 along the Noida-Greater Noida Expressway.
"Though the authority had promised to implement the court orders, it has not yet given the developed plots," said Mahesh Awana, leader of the `samiti`.
According to him, the farmers will only resume work after the court order to give 10 percent developed land and 64 percent hike in compensation to farmers is implemented.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Islamic State selling sex slaves on Facebook for $8,000
- Puducherry: Narayanasamy to meet Lt Gov Kiran Bedi today, stake claim to form govt
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report