Farmers to get 16 per cent developed land in UP
Ghaziabad: A new land acquisition policy
announced by the Uttar Pradesh government has provision of
providing 16 per cent developed land to the farmers.
The 16 per cent land will be returned to the farmers
after developing it and they would be free to sell it later on,
state Housing and Urban Development Secretary, Alok Kumar
Six per cent additional land will also be provided to
the farmers for rehabilitation purpose, he said adding that
they will have to pay a development fee on it.
Farmers are angry over the fact that government
purchases land at a meagre amount and then sells it at a very
high price, Kumar said.
Farmers will have a choice of entering into a contract
and receive Rs two lakh per acre or a one-time payment of Rs
76,000 or Rs 23,000 every year for a period of 33 years, he
Whenever a development scheme is taken up only 45 per
cent of the acquired land is available for selling as the
remaining part is utilized in providing public facilities, he
The new policy announced recently will not be
applicable to old schemes and private builders will have to
buy 80 per cent of the Land directly from the farmers, he
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living