Farmhouse scam: UP Lokayukta records statements of 4 officers
Noida: Uttar Pradesh Lokayukta Justice NK Mehrotra Monday recorded the statements of four Noida Authority officers here in the alleged multi-crore Noida farmhouse allotment scam.
Justice Mehrotra also directed three retired Noida officers to report at Lucknow two days later and record their statements.
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav in August had entrusted the UP Lokayuktya with carrying out an enquiry into the alleged multi-crore Noida farmhouse scam.
In the last two months, the Lokayukta had given several extensions to the Noida Authority for submitting the required documents.
Noida Authority chairman Rakesh Bahadur has blamed the then CEO Mohinder Singh and 14 others responsible for irregularities in the sale of farmhouses which caused a loss of Rs 1,000 crore to the state exchequer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble