Farmhouse scam: UP Lokayukta records statements of 4 officers
Noida: Uttar Pradesh Lokayukta Justice NK Mehrotra Monday recorded the statements of four Noida Authority officers here in the alleged multi-crore Noida farmhouse allotment scam.
Justice Mehrotra also directed three retired Noida officers to report at Lucknow two days later and record their statements.
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav in August had entrusted the UP Lokayuktya with carrying out an enquiry into the alleged multi-crore Noida farmhouse scam.
In the last two months, the Lokayukta had given several extensions to the Noida Authority for submitting the required documents.
Noida Authority chairman Rakesh Bahadur has blamed the then CEO Mohinder Singh and 14 others responsible for irregularities in the sale of farmhouses which caused a loss of Rs 1,000 crore to the state exchequer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Football Tourism: PSG will receive $197 million to promote tourism in Qatar
- Nitin Gadkari appointed as BJP election in-charge for Goa Assembly polls
- Xiaomi Redmi 4, Redmi Note 4 likely to be launched on Thursday
- Cabinet raises compensation for terror, blast victims
- Present ICC ranking system is not satisfactory: Javed Miandad