Farooqui takes charge as acting AMU VC
Aligarh: Professor Sibghatullah Farooqui has
taken over as the acting Vice Chancellor of Aligarh Muslim
Farooqui, who took over on Monday, said he will convene a
meeting of the executive council on a priority basis to make
way for the selection of a full-time Vice Chancellor.
Meanwhile, the AMU Teachers Association yesterday
expressed serious concerns over last week`s violence in the
campus in which five students were injured.
It also sought immediate removal of varsity proctor over
the issue and for his alleged association with previous VC
Professor P K Abdul Azis, who is facing a CBI probe.
AMUTA secretary Professor Mustafa Zaidi said that proctor
is an ex-officio member of the executive council and hence,
will sit in its meeting to constitute the panel for the
selection of next VC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly