Farrukhabad: Major fire in bank, no casualties
Lucknow: Computers and other electronic equipment were destroyed after a major fire broke out in a bank in Uttar Pradesh`s Farrukhabad district Friday, officials said. No casualties were reported.
The fire destroyed a major portion of the city branch of the Bank of India in Farrukhabad, some 200 km from Lucknow. However, the flames could not reach the bank`s locker room and currency chests.
"It was a major fire. No one was inside the bank at the time of the incident. Computers, electronic machines and several important documents were gutted," fire officer R.K. Bajpai told reporters.
It took the firefighters around three hours to bring the situation under control. An electric short-circuit is believed to be the reason behind the incident, the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Photo alert! Divyanka Tripathi and Vivek Dahiya’s pre-wedding shoot looks like a fairytale
- Watch: Tiger Shroff, alleged girlfriend Disha Patani's sizzling chemistry is unmissable in 'Befikra'!
- Three Naxals shot dead by security forces in Chhattisgarh
- Drug that helps addicts may benefit cancer patients too
- Come clean by September 30: FM Arun Jaitley to black money holders