Farrukhabad: Major fire in bank, no casualties
Lucknow: Computers and other electronic equipment were destroyed after a major fire broke out in a bank in Uttar Pradesh`s Farrukhabad district Friday, officials said. No casualties were reported.
The fire destroyed a major portion of the city branch of the Bank of India in Farrukhabad, some 200 km from Lucknow. However, the flames could not reach the bank`s locker room and currency chests.
"It was a major fire. No one was inside the bank at the time of the incident. Computers, electronic machines and several important documents were gutted," fire officer R.K. Bajpai told reporters.
It took the firefighters around three hours to bring the situation under control. An electric short-circuit is believed to be the reason behind the incident, the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok