Fasting farmer leader Tevatia hospitalised
Ghaziabad: Jailed farmer leader Manveer
Singh Tevatia, who was observing a fast in Dasna prison for
last six days, has been shifted to jail hospital after his
"Tevatia was taking lemon water and `gur` (jaggery) for
the last six days. He fainted last night and was rushed to the
jail hospital...He has was put on glucose...," Jail
Superintendent Viresh Raj Sharma said.
Meanwhile, Congress leader Parvez Hashmi today came to
visit him in prison but authorities did not permit him to meet
the ailing farmer leader, officials said.
After that, Hashmi with his supporters sat on a protest
in front of the Dasna jail, leading to his detention by the
police. He was released later, police said.
Tevatia was arrested in Delhi in July by Uttar Pradesh
police in connection with the farmers` agitation in
Four people were killed and at least 15 injured in a
clash on May 7 between farmers and police in Bhatta-Parsaul
village in Greater Noida.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!