Fasting farmer leader Tevatia hospitalised
Ghaziabad: Jailed farmer leader Manveer
Singh Tevatia, who was observing a fast in Dasna prison for
last six days, has been shifted to jail hospital after his
"Tevatia was taking lemon water and `gur` (jaggery) for
the last six days. He fainted last night and was rushed to the
jail hospital...He has was put on glucose...," Jail
Superintendent Viresh Raj Sharma said.
Meanwhile, Congress leader Parvez Hashmi today came to
visit him in prison but authorities did not permit him to meet
the ailing farmer leader, officials said.
After that, Hashmi with his supporters sat on a protest
in front of the Dasna jail, leading to his detention by the
police. He was released later, police said.
Tevatia was arrested in Delhi in July by Uttar Pradesh
police in connection with the farmers` agitation in
Four people were killed and at least 15 injured in a
clash on May 7 between farmers and police in Bhatta-Parsaul
village in Greater Noida.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India