Fasting farmer leader Tevatia hospitalised
Ghaziabad: Jailed farmer leader Manveer
Singh Tevatia, who was observing a fast in Dasna prison for
last six days, has been shifted to jail hospital after his
"Tevatia was taking lemon water and `gur` (jaggery) for
the last six days. He fainted last night and was rushed to the
jail hospital...He has was put on glucose...," Jail
Superintendent Viresh Raj Sharma said.
Meanwhile, Congress leader Parvez Hashmi today came to
visit him in prison but authorities did not permit him to meet
the ailing farmer leader, officials said.
After that, Hashmi with his supporters sat on a protest
in front of the Dasna jail, leading to his detention by the
police. He was released later, police said.
Tevatia was arrested in Delhi in July by Uttar Pradesh
police in connection with the farmers` agitation in
Four people were killed and at least 15 injured in a
clash on May 7 between farmers and police in Bhatta-Parsaul
village in Greater Noida.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!