Father awarded death sentence for killing 5 children
Ghaziabad: A man was on Monday sentenced to death by a local court for killing his five children.
Addition District and Session Judge Arun Chand Srivastav also imposed a fine of one lakh rupees on the accused.
On September 13, 2009 accused Ravindra Kumar Verma (45), resident of Vijaynager area in the district brutally murdered his five children aged from 9 months to 13 years due to financial and domestic problems, according to prosecution.
He also tried to kill his wife but she survived. The accused was in jail since 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- One killed, 30 wounded by explosions in southern Thailand – police
- Iraq summons its envoy to Portugal over teenager assault
- Cara Delevingne, Amber Heard turned away from strip club
- Obama promises aid to help Louisiana fully recover from flooding
- US investigating non-travel Zika case in new area in Florida