Father awarded death sentence for killing 5 children
Ghaziabad: A man was on Monday sentenced to death by a local court for killing his five children.
Addition District and Session Judge Arun Chand Srivastav also imposed a fine of one lakh rupees on the accused.
On September 13, 2009 accused Ravindra Kumar Verma (45), resident of Vijaynager area in the district brutally murdered his five children aged from 9 months to 13 years due to financial and domestic problems, according to prosecution.
He also tried to kill his wife but she survived. The accused was in jail since 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- How Twitteratis reacted to PM Modi calling Prakash Singh Badal 'Nelson Mandela'
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off