Father awarded death sentence for killing 5 children
Ghaziabad: A man was on Monday sentenced to death by a local court for killing his five children.
Addition District and Session Judge Arun Chand Srivastav also imposed a fine of one lakh rupees on the accused.
On September 13, 2009 accused Ravindra Kumar Verma (45), resident of Vijaynager area in the district brutally murdered his five children aged from 9 months to 13 years due to financial and domestic problems, according to prosecution.
He also tried to kill his wife but she survived. The accused was in jail since 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details