Father awarded death sentence for killing 5 children
Ghaziabad: A man was on Monday sentenced to death by a local court for killing his five children.
Addition District and Session Judge Arun Chand Srivastav also imposed a fine of one lakh rupees on the accused.
On September 13, 2009 accused Ravindra Kumar Verma (45), resident of Vijaynager area in the district brutally murdered his five children aged from 9 months to 13 years due to financial and domestic problems, according to prosecution.
He also tried to kill his wife but she survived. The accused was in jail since 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred