Father awarded death sentence for killing 5 children
Ghaziabad: A man was on Monday sentenced to death by a local court for killing his five children.
Addition District and Session Judge Arun Chand Srivastav also imposed a fine of one lakh rupees on the accused.
On September 13, 2009 accused Ravindra Kumar Verma (45), resident of Vijaynager area in the district brutally murdered his five children aged from 9 months to 13 years due to financial and domestic problems, according to prosecution.
He also tried to kill his wife but she survived. The accused was in jail since 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price