Father hacks two kids to death in UP
Lucknow: A 40-year-old mentally-ill man on Friday hacked his two children to death and critically injured the other two before shooting himself in Bhimnagar district of Uttar Pradesh, around 275 km from here.
Police said the assailant had a "psychiatric record".
The man, identified as Kailsah, got up early in the morning and attacked his four sleeping children with a sharp farming tool. By the time his wife could overpower him, he had killed his daughter and son, aged 12 and 14. Two other children - 16-year-old Parveen and 14-year-old Dinesh Dinesh - were critically injured in the assault, according to police.
The wife told police that after carrying out the assault, the man took out a country-made pistol and shot himself. He died on the spot.
The four children were rushed to the Aligarh city hospital, where two of them were declared dead, while the other two were battling for their lives, police said.
The wife of the assailant told police that her husband had undergone psychiatric treatment many times in the past.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what