Father hacks two kids to death in UP
Lucknow: A 40-year-old mentally-ill man on Friday hacked his two children to death and critically injured the other two before shooting himself in Bhimnagar district of Uttar Pradesh, around 275 km from here.
Police said the assailant had a "psychiatric record".
The man, identified as Kailsah, got up early in the morning and attacked his four sleeping children with a sharp farming tool. By the time his wife could overpower him, he had killed his daughter and son, aged 12 and 14. Two other children - 16-year-old Parveen and 14-year-old Dinesh Dinesh - were critically injured in the assault, according to police.
The wife told police that after carrying out the assault, the man took out a country-made pistol and shot himself. He died on the spot.
The four children were rushed to the Aligarh city hospital, where two of them were declared dead, while the other two were battling for their lives, police said.
The wife of the assailant told police that her husband had undergone psychiatric treatment many times in the past.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray