Father says ragging reason behind son`s death
Ghaziabad: The father of a 20-year old boy, who had allegedly committed suicide three months ago, has alleged that his son was a victim of ragging.
Abhishek Shah, a first year MBA student in SRM University, died on August 14 after he jumping from the fourth floor of a building in the university premises in Modinagar area of the district.
Jai Kant Shah, the victim`s father, claimed that Abhishek
was physically tortured by his seniors in the varsity bus on August 13, the day before he died.
He also said Abhishek was murdered by his seniors with the connivance of Dean Manoj Pandey, who reported the death as a case of suicide.
Abhishek`s seniors were angry after it was revealed that
his son had lodged a complaint against them with anti-ragging helpline of UGC, Shah said.
Shah said these facts were disclosed to him by some of Abhishek`s classmates, who did not want to reveal it in public due to fear of senior students.
Shah added that though he had filed a complaint on August 23 where the Dean was also named alongwith four other senior students, they had not been arrested as district magistrate Hredesh Kumar had ordered a magistrate probe.
Alleging that the magistrate probe, which is still pending and has no deadline, was an instrument of the administration to save the accused from arrest and he demanded a CBI inquiry into the death of his son.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days