Father says ragging reason behind son`s death
Ghaziabad: The father of a 20-year old boy, who had allegedly committed suicide three months ago, has alleged that his son was a victim of ragging.
Abhishek Shah, a first year MBA student in SRM University, died on August 14 after he jumping from the fourth floor of a building in the university premises in Modinagar area of the district.
Jai Kant Shah, the victim`s father, claimed that Abhishek
was physically tortured by his seniors in the varsity bus on August 13, the day before he died.
He also said Abhishek was murdered by his seniors with the connivance of Dean Manoj Pandey, who reported the death as a case of suicide.
Abhishek`s seniors were angry after it was revealed that
his son had lodged a complaint against them with anti-ragging helpline of UGC, Shah said.
Shah said these facts were disclosed to him by some of Abhishek`s classmates, who did not want to reveal it in public due to fear of senior students.
Shah added that though he had filed a complaint on August 23 where the Dean was also named alongwith four other senior students, they had not been arrested as district magistrate Hredesh Kumar had ordered a magistrate probe.
Alleging that the magistrate probe, which is still pending and has no deadline, was an instrument of the administration to save the accused from arrest and he demanded a CBI inquiry into the death of his son.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive