Father says ragging reason behind son`s death
Ghaziabad: The father of a 20-year old boy, who had allegedly committed suicide three months ago, has alleged that his son was a victim of ragging.
Abhishek Shah, a first year MBA student in SRM University, died on August 14 after he jumping from the fourth floor of a building in the university premises in Modinagar area of the district.
Jai Kant Shah, the victim`s father, claimed that Abhishek
was physically tortured by his seniors in the varsity bus on August 13, the day before he died.
He also said Abhishek was murdered by his seniors with the connivance of Dean Manoj Pandey, who reported the death as a case of suicide.
Abhishek`s seniors were angry after it was revealed that
his son had lodged a complaint against them with anti-ragging helpline of UGC, Shah said.
Shah said these facts were disclosed to him by some of Abhishek`s classmates, who did not want to reveal it in public due to fear of senior students.
Shah added that though he had filed a complaint on August 23 where the Dean was also named alongwith four other senior students, they had not been arrested as district magistrate Hredesh Kumar had ordered a magistrate probe.
Alleging that the magistrate probe, which is still pending and has no deadline, was an instrument of the administration to save the accused from arrest and he demanded a CBI inquiry into the death of his son.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan