Father-son duo beaten to death in UP
Gorakhpur (UP): A father-son duo was allegedly beaten to death by some armed men at Bhitaha village, police said on Monday.
The incident took place yesterday when the victims, residents of Semra village had come to Bhitaha village for some work.
The victims have been identified as Prahlad Pandey (62) and his son Awadhesh Pandey, police said.
As soon as they reached Bhitaha village, a villager told them that?some people were calling Prahlad, they said.
While the duo was on their way to meet those persons on their motorbike, a group of miscreants armed with rifles and sticks gheraoed them and began attacking them, following which both died on the spot, they said.
The miscreants left the scene before the police arrived.
The bodies have been sent for postmortem, police said.
According to the family of the victims, an old land dispute is the reason behind the killings.
An FIR has been filed against six named and five unidentified accused, police said, adding, efforts are on to nab them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi