Father-son duo beaten to death in UP
Gorakhpur (UP): A father-son duo was allegedly beaten to death by some armed men at Bhitaha village, police said on Monday.
The incident took place yesterday when the victims, residents of Semra village had come to Bhitaha village for some work.
The victims have been identified as Prahlad Pandey (62) and his son Awadhesh Pandey, police said.
As soon as they reached Bhitaha village, a villager told them that?some people were calling Prahlad, they said.
While the duo was on their way to meet those persons on their motorbike, a group of miscreants armed with rifles and sticks gheraoed them and began attacking them, following which both died on the spot, they said.
The miscreants left the scene before the police arrived.
The bodies have been sent for postmortem, police said.
According to the family of the victims, an old land dispute is the reason behind the killings.
An FIR has been filed against six named and five unidentified accused, police said, adding, efforts are on to nab them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town