Father-son duo beaten to death in UP
Gorakhpur (UP): A father-son duo was allegedly beaten to death by some armed men at Bhitaha village, police said on Monday.
The incident took place yesterday when the victims, residents of Semra village had come to Bhitaha village for some work.
The victims have been identified as Prahlad Pandey (62) and his son Awadhesh Pandey, police said.
As soon as they reached Bhitaha village, a villager told them that?some people were calling Prahlad, they said.
While the duo was on their way to meet those persons on their motorbike, a group of miscreants armed with rifles and sticks gheraoed them and began attacking them, following which both died on the spot, they said.
The miscreants left the scene before the police arrived.
The bodies have been sent for postmortem, police said.
According to the family of the victims, an old land dispute is the reason behind the killings.
An FIR has been filed against six named and five unidentified accused, police said, adding, efforts are on to nab them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say