Father-son duo beaten to death in UP
Gorakhpur (UP): A father-son duo was allegedly beaten to death by some armed men at Bhitaha village, police said on Monday.
The incident took place yesterday when the victims, residents of Semra village had come to Bhitaha village for some work.
The victims have been identified as Prahlad Pandey (62) and his son Awadhesh Pandey, police said.
As soon as they reached Bhitaha village, a villager told them that?some people were calling Prahlad, they said.
While the duo was on their way to meet those persons on their motorbike, a group of miscreants armed with rifles and sticks gheraoed them and began attacking them, following which both died on the spot, they said.
The miscreants left the scene before the police arrived.
The bodies have been sent for postmortem, police said.
According to the family of the victims, an old land dispute is the reason behind the killings.
An FIR has been filed against six named and five unidentified accused, police said, adding, efforts are on to nab them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- Poll defeat triggers infighting in Congress? Now, Satyavrat Chaturvedi attacks Digvijaya Singh
- READ: Virender Sehwag's important message to parents, students after CBSE class 12 results
- Hangul, the rare Kashmir deer, may soon go extinct
- Twitter war: Verbal duel between Smriti Irani and Congress' Priyanka Chaturvedi - Know what happened
- WATCH: DD vs RCB highlights - Virat Kohli steals show with match-winning knock