Father, son get life term for murder
Badaun: A father-son duo were sentenced to life imprisonment by a local court here in a three-year-old murder case.
The accused Mahendra Pal and his son Tara Chanda set a man ablaze over a petty dispute in Gulabagh locality in Bisauli area in February 2009, prosecution sources said here.
The victim, who sustained serious injuries, was admitted to a hospital where he died during treatment after five days, they said.
On the basis of evidence, Special Judge Hrihar Nath held the duo guilty on Tuesday.
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 8,000 on each of the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog