Father, son get life term for murder
Badaun: A father-son duo were sentenced to life imprisonment by a local court here in a three-year-old murder case.
The accused Mahendra Pal and his son Tara Chanda set a man ablaze over a petty dispute in Gulabagh locality in Bisauli area in February 2009, prosecution sources said here.
The victim, who sustained serious injuries, was admitted to a hospital where he died during treatment after five days, they said.
On the basis of evidence, Special Judge Hrihar Nath held the duo guilty on Tuesday.
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 8,000 on each of the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli