FDI mode for converting black money to white money: Ramdev
Lucknow: Terming FDI (foreign direct investment) as a mode for converting black money to white money, Yoga guru Swami Ramdev on Friday wanted the government to frame a transparent and effective policy to check this.
"FDI is the key to black money...A lot of black has come to the country in the form of FDI...In case the names of those brining it are known, almost 80 to 90 per cent sources of black money would be known", Ramdev told news persons here.
"In the form of FDI, black money has come back into the country as white money and the government should frame a transparent and effective policy to check this", Ramdev said.
The yoga guru alleged that till now, the government has only "befooled" the people on the issue of black money.
Referring to his andolan (movement) on the issue in Delhi from August 9 ,he said it would be a historic one.
Ramdev said that crores of people would take part in the indefinite andolan with people from Uttar Pradesh, Delhi, Haryana, Rajasthan and Punjab making a major contribution.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged