`Female DNA found on Aarushi`s parents` clothes`
Ghaziabad: A forensic expert, deposing in the twin Aarushi-Hemraj murder case, on Tuesday told a court here that blood stains with female DNA were found on the teenager`s parents` clothes.
The senior scientist, BP Mahaptra of Central Forensic Science laboratory, told the special CBI court that blood stains were found on the clothes that Nupur and Rajesh Talwar wore on the night of Aarushi`s murder and, on examination, female DNA was found.
All the exhibits collected in connection with the case were produced by the CBI in the special trial court here.
Public prosecutor RK Saini told PTI that male DNA was found in the samples taken from the wall leading to the terrace where Hemraj`s body was found.
He also told that no blood and DNA were found from the bag which was handed over to CBI by Nupur from Aarushi`s room as a piece of evidence.
"Blood and biological material were also not found on the cover of the book given to CBI by the accused from Aarushi`s bed saying it had blood on the cover page," said Saini.
According to prosecution sources, no semen was found in the vaginal swab of Aarushi sent for test.
Meanwhile, defence counsel Manoj Shishodia today moved an application before the court requesting to produce 13 witnesses in the case without completing the cross examination of the forensic expert.
The special judge rejected this application and ordered cross examination of the forensic expert.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days