`Female DNA found on Aarushi`s parents` clothes`
Ghaziabad: A forensic expert, deposing in the twin Aarushi-Hemraj murder case, on Tuesday told a court here that blood stains with female DNA were found on the teenager`s parents` clothes.
The senior scientist, BP Mahaptra of Central Forensic Science laboratory, told the special CBI court that blood stains were found on the clothes that Nupur and Rajesh Talwar wore on the night of Aarushi`s murder and, on examination, female DNA was found.
All the exhibits collected in connection with the case were produced by the CBI in the special trial court here.
Public prosecutor RK Saini told PTI that male DNA was found in the samples taken from the wall leading to the terrace where Hemraj`s body was found.
He also told that no blood and DNA were found from the bag which was handed over to CBI by Nupur from Aarushi`s room as a piece of evidence.
"Blood and biological material were also not found on the cover of the book given to CBI by the accused from Aarushi`s bed saying it had blood on the cover page," said Saini.
According to prosecution sources, no semen was found in the vaginal swab of Aarushi sent for test.
Meanwhile, defence counsel Manoj Shishodia today moved an application before the court requesting to produce 13 witnesses in the case without completing the cross examination of the forensic expert.
The special judge rejected this application and ordered cross examination of the forensic expert.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!