Fifteen arrested for vandalising place of worship
Muzaffarnagar: Fifteen persons have been arrested for vandalising a place of worship at Buchchakheri village in Shamli district, police said here on Friday.
"43 persons were booked for vandalising a religious place on Tuesday, of which 15 were arrested yesterday," SP Abdul Hamid said.
The trouble arose when the wood, which was to be burnt during the festival of Holi, was found burnt before time, the SP said.
Irate people entered the place of worship of a community and vandalised it, he said.
Police force was rushed to the spot and the situation was brought under control, he said.
The remaining accused would be arrested soon, he said.
Security has been tightened and extra police force has been deployed in the village, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details