Fifteen arrested for vandalising place of worship
Muzaffarnagar: Fifteen persons have been arrested for vandalising a place of worship at Buchchakheri village in Shamli district, police said here on Friday.
"43 persons were booked for vandalising a religious place on Tuesday, of which 15 were arrested yesterday," SP Abdul Hamid said.
The trouble arose when the wood, which was to be burnt during the festival of Holi, was found burnt before time, the SP said.
Irate people entered the place of worship of a community and vandalised it, he said.
Police force was rushed to the spot and the situation was brought under control, he said.
The remaining accused would be arrested soon, he said.
Security has been tightened and extra police force has been deployed in the village, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal