Fifteen arrested for vandalising place of worship
Muzaffarnagar: Fifteen persons have been arrested for vandalising a place of worship at Buchchakheri village in Shamli district, police said here on Friday.
"43 persons were booked for vandalising a religious place on Tuesday, of which 15 were arrested yesterday," SP Abdul Hamid said.
The trouble arose when the wood, which was to be burnt during the festival of Holi, was found burnt before time, the SP said.
Irate people entered the place of worship of a community and vandalised it, he said.
Police force was rushed to the spot and the situation was brought under control, he said.
The remaining accused would be arrested soon, he said.
Security has been tightened and extra police force has been deployed in the village, he said.
- Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover set floor ablaze with killer moves at wedding reception – Watch here
- Petrol, diesel-run cabs banned from Delhi-NCR roads from today
- Wealth from waste: A novel Indian biotech solution
- IAF chopper sprinkles water to douse Uttarakhand forest fires; Rajnath Singh reviews situation
- China may reconsider stand on Pakistani terrorists Hafiz Saeed, Masood Azhar?