Fifteen arrested for vandalising place of worship
Muzaffarnagar: Fifteen persons have been arrested for vandalising a place of worship at Buchchakheri village in Shamli district, police said here on Friday.
"43 persons were booked for vandalising a religious place on Tuesday, of which 15 were arrested yesterday," SP Abdul Hamid said.
The trouble arose when the wood, which was to be burnt during the festival of Holi, was found burnt before time, the SP said.
Irate people entered the place of worship of a community and vandalised it, he said.
Police force was rushed to the spot and the situation was brought under control, he said.
The remaining accused would be arrested soon, he said.
Security has been tightened and extra police force has been deployed in the village, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender