Fifteen killed as bus rams into tree in UP
Amroha (UP): At least 15 people were killed and 24 others injured, two of them critically, when a bus rammed into a tree on Amroha-Joya road in the wee hours on Monday.
The incident took place at around 2 am when the overloaded bus coming from Haridwar was on its way to Kamalpura village in Sambal district, police said.
While 13 persons were killed on the spot, two others succumbed to injuries in a hospital.
All the victims belong to an extended family and were returning from Haridwar after attending a `mundan` ceremony.
Shakeel Ahmed, ASP, J P Nagar said, "Investigation and rescue work are on".
The driver fled from the accident spot.
The injured are admitted in Amroha and Moradabad government hospitals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon