Fifteen killed as bus rams into tree in UP
Amroha (UP): At least 15 people were killed and 24 others injured, two of them critically, when a bus rammed into a tree on Amroha-Joya road in the wee hours on Monday.
The incident took place at around 2 am when the overloaded bus coming from Haridwar was on its way to Kamalpura village in Sambal district, police said.
While 13 persons were killed on the spot, two others succumbed to injuries in a hospital.
All the victims belong to an extended family and were returning from Haridwar after attending a `mundan` ceremony.
Shakeel Ahmed, ASP, J P Nagar said, "Investigation and rescue work are on".
The driver fled from the accident spot.
The injured are admitted in Amroha and Moradabad government hospitals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II