Fifteen killed as bus rams into tree in UP
Amroha (UP): At least 15 people were killed and 24 others injured, two of them critically, when a bus rammed into a tree on Amroha-Joya road in the wee hours on Monday.
The incident took place at around 2 am when the overloaded bus coming from Haridwar was on its way to Kamalpura village in Sambal district, police said.
While 13 persons were killed on the spot, two others succumbed to injuries in a hospital.
All the victims belong to an extended family and were returning from Haridwar after attending a `mundan` ceremony.
Shakeel Ahmed, ASP, J P Nagar said, "Investigation and rescue work are on".
The driver fled from the accident spot.
The injured are admitted in Amroha and Moradabad government hospitals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion