File case against senior cops: Court directs police
Bulandshahr: The Chief Judicial
Magistrate here has ordered senior officers to register a case against four policemen, including a SP, for allegedly
misappropriating assets of a former Block Pramukh while
arresting him under the National Security Act.
CJM Rajesh Chaudhry has asked the officers to register
the case against SP (Rural) Babu Ram, Police Inspector Alok
Singh and two others for allegedly usurping Rs 11 lakhs in
cash and a car while they were arresting former Block Pramukh
Vinod Rao on December 22, 2010 under the National Security
Geeta, Rao`s wife, has claimed of having mobile
recordings of her conversations with Inspector Alok Singh in
which he has admitted of having the money and car with him.
Rao is currently lodged in a jail here after being booked
under the National Security Act (NSA) for abducting 14 members
of Block Development Committee (BDC) during the last Panchayat
elections held in UP.
The case against the four policemen has been registered
under various sections of the IPC and the SC/ST Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!