File case against senior cops: Court directs police
Bulandshahr: The Chief Judicial
Magistrate here has ordered senior officers to register a case against four policemen, including a SP, for allegedly
misappropriating assets of a former Block Pramukh while
arresting him under the National Security Act.
CJM Rajesh Chaudhry has asked the officers to register
the case against SP (Rural) Babu Ram, Police Inspector Alok
Singh and two others for allegedly usurping Rs 11 lakhs in
cash and a car while they were arresting former Block Pramukh
Vinod Rao on December 22, 2010 under the National Security
Geeta, Rao`s wife, has claimed of having mobile
recordings of her conversations with Inspector Alok Singh in
which he has admitted of having the money and car with him.
Rao is currently lodged in a jail here after being booked
under the National Security Act (NSA) for abducting 14 members
of Block Development Committee (BDC) during the last Panchayat
elections held in UP.
The case against the four policemen has been registered
under various sections of the IPC and the SC/ST Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16