File case against senior cops: Court directs police
Bulandshahr: The Chief Judicial
Magistrate here has ordered senior officers to register a case against four policemen, including a SP, for allegedly
misappropriating assets of a former Block Pramukh while
arresting him under the National Security Act.
CJM Rajesh Chaudhry has asked the officers to register
the case against SP (Rural) Babu Ram, Police Inspector Alok
Singh and two others for allegedly usurping Rs 11 lakhs in
cash and a car while they were arresting former Block Pramukh
Vinod Rao on December 22, 2010 under the National Security
Geeta, Rao`s wife, has claimed of having mobile
recordings of her conversations with Inspector Alok Singh in
which he has admitted of having the money and car with him.
Rao is currently lodged in a jail here after being booked
under the National Security Act (NSA) for abducting 14 members
of Block Development Committee (BDC) during the last Panchayat
elections held in UP.
The case against the four policemen has been registered
under various sections of the IPC and the SC/ST Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore