File case against senior cops: Court directs police
Bulandshahr: The Chief Judicial
Magistrate here has ordered senior officers to register a case against four policemen, including a SP, for allegedly
misappropriating assets of a former Block Pramukh while
arresting him under the National Security Act.
CJM Rajesh Chaudhry has asked the officers to register
the case against SP (Rural) Babu Ram, Police Inspector Alok
Singh and two others for allegedly usurping Rs 11 lakhs in
cash and a car while they were arresting former Block Pramukh
Vinod Rao on December 22, 2010 under the National Security
Geeta, Rao`s wife, has claimed of having mobile
recordings of her conversations with Inspector Alok Singh in
which he has admitted of having the money and car with him.
Rao is currently lodged in a jail here after being booked
under the National Security Act (NSA) for abducting 14 members
of Block Development Committee (BDC) during the last Panchayat
elections held in UP.
The case against the four policemen has been registered
under various sections of the IPC and the SC/ST Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video