Finally, IAC gets permission for Farrukhabad rally
New Delhi: Arvind Kejriwal-led India Against Corruption (IAC) has got permission to hold a rally at the UP Housing Development department in Farrukhabad on November 1.
The permission was granted after IAC activists demonstrated in front of the city magistrate`s office.
The Farrukhabad administration had denied permission to the IAC to hold demonstration to make fresh expose against alleged irregularities by Zakir Husain Memorial Trust of Law Minister Salman Khurshid, IAC sources said.
IAC convenor Laxman Singh along with his associates started the dharna in front of the magistrate`s office.
The city magistrate later granted permission to the IAC activists to hold the November 1 programme, they said.
IAC member Sanjay Singh, meanwhile, told reporters in Lucknow that Kejriwal`s programme would be held in the home district of Khurshid at all cost even if they have to land in jail.
Singh said IAC has written a letter to Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav requesting to give permission for Kejriwal`s programme in Farrukhabad.
It may be remembered that following IAC’s campaign against Salman Khurshid following surfacing of irregularities by an NGO led by his wife, the Law Minister had dared Kejriwal to stage a protest in Farrukhabad. He had however later clarified that he was not threatening Kejriwal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?