Finally, IAC gets permission for Farrukhabad rally
New Delhi: Arvind Kejriwal-led India Against Corruption (IAC) has got permission to hold a rally at the UP Housing Development department in Farrukhabad on November 1.
The permission was granted after IAC activists demonstrated in front of the city magistrate`s office.
The Farrukhabad administration had denied permission to the IAC to hold demonstration to make fresh expose against alleged irregularities by Zakir Husain Memorial Trust of Law Minister Salman Khurshid, IAC sources said.
IAC convenor Laxman Singh along with his associates started the dharna in front of the magistrate`s office.
The city magistrate later granted permission to the IAC activists to hold the November 1 programme, they said.
IAC member Sanjay Singh, meanwhile, told reporters in Lucknow that Kejriwal`s programme would be held in the home district of Khurshid at all cost even if they have to land in jail.
Singh said IAC has written a letter to Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav requesting to give permission for Kejriwal`s programme in Farrukhabad.
It may be remembered that following IAC’s campaign against Salman Khurshid following surfacing of irregularities by an NGO led by his wife, the Law Minister had dared Kejriwal to stage a protest in Farrukhabad. He had however later clarified that he was not threatening Kejriwal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez