Finally, IAC gets permission for Farrukhabad rally
New Delhi: Arvind Kejriwal-led India Against Corruption (IAC) has got permission to hold a rally at the UP Housing Development department in Farrukhabad on November 1.
The permission was granted after IAC activists demonstrated in front of the city magistrate`s office.
The Farrukhabad administration had denied permission to the IAC to hold demonstration to make fresh expose against alleged irregularities by Zakir Husain Memorial Trust of Law Minister Salman Khurshid, IAC sources said.
IAC convenor Laxman Singh along with his associates started the dharna in front of the magistrate`s office.
The city magistrate later granted permission to the IAC activists to hold the November 1 programme, they said.
IAC member Sanjay Singh, meanwhile, told reporters in Lucknow that Kejriwal`s programme would be held in the home district of Khurshid at all cost even if they have to land in jail.
Singh said IAC has written a letter to Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav requesting to give permission for Kejriwal`s programme in Farrukhabad.
It may be remembered that following IAC’s campaign against Salman Khurshid following surfacing of irregularities by an NGO led by his wife, the Law Minister had dared Kejriwal to stage a protest in Farrukhabad. He had however later clarified that he was not threatening Kejriwal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read