Financial deal behind Kushwaha joining BJP: Kalyan
Lucknow: Alleging a “financial deal” behind inclusion of former BSP minister Babu Singh Kushwaha in BJP, former Uttar Pradesh chief minister and Jan Kranti Party patron Kalyan Singh Friday demanded a CBI probe into the matter.
“Joining of Kushwaha against whom there are serious allegations of corruption, which are being probed by CBI in BJP raises suspicion. It seems that there was a financial deal of crores for his inclusion in the BJP…this should be probed by CBI,” Singh said. He said on one hand senior BJP leaders were taking out yatras on the issue of corruption and on the other they were taking corrupt people in the party showing their double talk.
“BJP has proved that it was the most corrupt and it could not face the public on the issue”, he said, adding that BJP would only get 40-45 seats in the polls.
Commenting on BJP spokesman Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi’s statement that BJP was like river Ganga, which make even nullah joining it as pious, Singh said he had proved that bad people had joined BJP.
Kalyan also released list of 61 candidates and said that his party has so far declared 212 candidates.
On the occasion BJP leader and former MLA Keshav Mehra joined Jan Kranti Party protesting Kushwaha’s entry in the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report