Financial deal behind Kushwaha joining BJP: Kalyan
Lucknow: Alleging a “financial deal” behind inclusion of former BSP minister Babu Singh Kushwaha in BJP, former Uttar Pradesh chief minister and Jan Kranti Party patron Kalyan Singh Friday demanded a CBI probe into the matter.
“Joining of Kushwaha against whom there are serious allegations of corruption, which are being probed by CBI in BJP raises suspicion. It seems that there was a financial deal of crores for his inclusion in the BJP…this should be probed by CBI,” Singh said. He said on one hand senior BJP leaders were taking out yatras on the issue of corruption and on the other they were taking corrupt people in the party showing their double talk.
“BJP has proved that it was the most corrupt and it could not face the public on the issue”, he said, adding that BJP would only get 40-45 seats in the polls.
Commenting on BJP spokesman Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi’s statement that BJP was like river Ganga, which make even nullah joining it as pious, Singh said he had proved that bad people had joined BJP.
Kalyan also released list of 61 candidates and said that his party has so far declared 212 candidates.
On the occasion BJP leader and former MLA Keshav Mehra joined Jan Kranti Party protesting Kushwaha’s entry in the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...