FIR against 5 in Rita Bahuguna house arson case
Lucknow: On the orders of a local court, the district police has lodged an FIR against five persons, including three police officers, for allegedly being involved in an incident of arson at Congress leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi`s house in 2009.
An FIR was registered yesterday against the then SHO of Hussainganj police station Baliram Saroj, former Circle Officer B S Gabarial, former SP East Harish Kumar besides erstwhile BSP leader Jitendra Singh Babloo and one Intezar Abidi Bobby on the orders of the Chief Judicial Magistrate, at Hussainganj police station, sources said here today.
The five have been accused of involvement in arsoning at Joshi`s house in July, 2009.
The FIR was lodged after the Lucknow CJM`s order on an application by Congress leader Rajveer Singh.
Among the five accused, Saroj is now Deputy Superintendent of Police while Kumar has been promoted to be an IPS officer.
The attack took place after Joshi had made some comments against the then Chief Minister Mayawati.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog