FIR against BJP MLA, 229 others for sharing sensitive photos
Muzaffarnagar: An FIR was on Tuesday registered against 229 people, including Sardhana BJP MLA Sangit Som, for allegedly sharing on the internet sensitive photos related to the recent disturbances at Kawal village, police said.
According to police, one Shuvam allegedly uploaded the photos, which were thereafter shared by the rest of the accused.
A case was registered in the matter under relevant sections of IPC and the IT Act, police added.
Clashes had taken place on August 27 in the district`s Kawal village in which three persons lost their lives over a petty dispute. Tensions still continue in the area over the above incident.
Yesterday, a BSP MP and four MLAs, two each from BSP and BJP, were booked for allegedly holding separate public meetings at Kawal village in violation of prohibitory orders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?