FIR against BJP MLA, 229 others for sharing sensitive photos
Muzaffarnagar: An FIR was on Tuesday registered against 229 people, including Sardhana BJP MLA Sangit Som, for allegedly sharing on the internet sensitive photos related to the recent disturbances at Kawal village, police said.
According to police, one Shuvam allegedly uploaded the photos, which were thereafter shared by the rest of the accused.
A case was registered in the matter under relevant sections of IPC and the IT Act, police added.
Clashes had taken place on August 27 in the district`s Kawal village in which three persons lost their lives over a petty dispute. Tensions still continue in the area over the above incident.
Yesterday, a BSP MP and four MLAs, two each from BSP and BJP, were booked for allegedly holding separate public meetings at Kawal village in violation of prohibitory orders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation