FIR against BJP MLA, 229 others for sharing sensitive photos
Muzaffarnagar: An FIR was on Tuesday registered against 229 people, including Sardhana BJP MLA Sangit Som, for allegedly sharing on the internet sensitive photos related to the recent disturbances at Kawal village, police said.
According to police, one Shuvam allegedly uploaded the photos, which were thereafter shared by the rest of the accused.
A case was registered in the matter under relevant sections of IPC and the IT Act, police added.
Clashes had taken place on August 27 in the district`s Kawal village in which three persons lost their lives over a petty dispute. Tensions still continue in the area over the above incident.
Yesterday, a BSP MP and four MLAs, two each from BSP and BJP, were booked for allegedly holding separate public meetings at Kawal village in violation of prohibitory orders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town