FIR against BJP MLA, 229 others for sharing sensitive photos
Muzaffarnagar: An FIR was on Tuesday registered against 229 people, including Sardhana BJP MLA Sangit Som, for allegedly sharing on the internet sensitive photos related to the recent disturbances at Kawal village, police said.
According to police, one Shuvam allegedly uploaded the photos, which were thereafter shared by the rest of the accused.
A case was registered in the matter under relevant sections of IPC and the IT Act, police added.
Clashes had taken place on August 27 in the district`s Kawal village in which three persons lost their lives over a petty dispute. Tensions still continue in the area over the above incident.
Yesterday, a BSP MP and four MLAs, two each from BSP and BJP, were booked for allegedly holding separate public meetings at Kawal village in violation of prohibitory orders.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?