FIR against BSP MLA, others for assaulting mediapersons
Lakhimpur: An FIR has been lodged against a BSP MLA and some other persons for allegedly manhandling mediapersons during the coverage of an alleged eve-teasing case, police said here on Saturday.
A case has been lodged against Bala Prasad Awasthi, BSP MLA from Dhaurahara, his gunner, driver and some others for manhandling the mediapersons who had gone to Beltua village in connection with a case of eve-teasing with a Dalit woman, they said.
It is alleged that the mediapersons were held captive and assaulted by the villagers when they attempted to speak to the victim, the police said, adding that four persons were injured in the incident.
"Two mediapersons named Shahid and Ashok sustained serious injuries in the attack and were admitted in hospital," a police spokesperson said.
The FIR was lodged against the MLA and others on Thursday night and four persons have been detained in this connection, he said.
Meanwhile, MLA Awasthi said that a false case had been lodged against him and he was not present in Beltua village when the incident occurred.
He claimed that he was in Lakhimpur city on that day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?