FIR against Cong MP for thrashing party worker
Balrampur (UP): A Congress MP has been booked for allegedly thrashing a party worker here, police said on Sunday.
"An FIR was registered against Vinay Kumar Pandey, Congress MP from Shravasti, after Youth Congress member Pankaj Gupta filed a complaint against him," ASP Gopesh Nath Khanna said.
Gupta has alleged the legislator had beaten him during a party workers` meeting at circuit house here yesterday.
Meanwhile, the MP denied that he had thrashed Gupta.
Pandey said he had only scolded Gupta as he was misbehaving at the meeting.
Gupta is a youth and "might have approached the police in a fit of anger", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?