FIR against Cong MP for thrashing party worker
Balrampur (UP): A Congress MP has been booked for allegedly thrashing a party worker here, police said on Sunday.
"An FIR was registered against Vinay Kumar Pandey, Congress MP from Shravasti, after Youth Congress member Pankaj Gupta filed a complaint against him," ASP Gopesh Nath Khanna said.
Gupta has alleged the legislator had beaten him during a party workers` meeting at circuit house here yesterday.
Meanwhile, the MP denied that he had thrashed Gupta.
Pandey said he had only scolded Gupta as he was misbehaving at the meeting.
Gupta is a youth and "might have approached the police in a fit of anger", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why