FIR against Cong MP for thrashing party worker
Balrampur (UP): A Congress MP has been booked for allegedly thrashing a party worker here, police said on Sunday.
"An FIR was registered against Vinay Kumar Pandey, Congress MP from Shravasti, after Youth Congress member Pankaj Gupta filed a complaint against him," ASP Gopesh Nath Khanna said.
Gupta has alleged the legislator had beaten him during a party workers` meeting at circuit house here yesterday.
Meanwhile, the MP denied that he had thrashed Gupta.
Pandey said he had only scolded Gupta as he was misbehaving at the meeting.
Gupta is a youth and "might have approached the police in a fit of anger", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'