FIR against eight on land grab charges in UP
Chandauli: An FIR has been registered against eight persons, including two policemen, for
allegedly trying to grab land in Mehmodpur area here, police said Wednesday.
The FIR was lodged on the direction of a local court last month.
Sub-inspector Ram Narain and Babulu and six others were named in the FIR lodged in the city police station on charges of trying to grab land on November 13 last year.
In the incident, over a dozen people were injured in the village.
One of the victims Tanchu Sonkar had then approached the court seeking its direction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- The Pot Simmers: Beef Politics in UP; Beef Festival in Kerala