FIR against eight on land grab charges in UP
Chandauli: An FIR has been registered against eight persons, including two policemen, for
allegedly trying to grab land in Mehmodpur area here, police said Wednesday.
The FIR was lodged on the direction of a local court last month.
Sub-inspector Ram Narain and Babulu and six others were named in the FIR lodged in the city police station on charges of trying to grab land on November 13 last year.
In the incident, over a dozen people were injured in the village.
One of the victims Tanchu Sonkar had then approached the court seeking its direction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- When brave CRPF men put themselves between terrorists' bullets and colleagues in Pampore attack
- Egypt deports popular Lebanese political talk show host
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'