FIR against eight on land grab charges in UP
Chandauli: An FIR has been registered against eight persons, including two policemen, for
allegedly trying to grab land in Mehmodpur area here, police said Wednesday.
The FIR was lodged on the direction of a local court last month.
Sub-inspector Ram Narain and Babulu and six others were named in the FIR lodged in the city police station on charges of trying to grab land on November 13 last year.
In the incident, over a dozen people were injured in the village.
One of the victims Tanchu Sonkar had then approached the court seeking its direction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy