FIR against protesting contractual teachers in UP
Lucknow: The district police has registered
an FIR against over 25,000 contractual teachers for clashing with police on September 14, police said Thursday.
The cases were registered under relevant sections of
IPC, they said, adding, while 65 persons including state
president of Adarsh Siksha Mitra Welfare Association (ASMWA)
Jitendra Shahi were named, 25000 were unidentified.
The contractual teachers clashed with the police injuring
over two dozen persons including DIG Lucknow and other senior
police officers two days back.
The protesting teachers were demanding that they be
given priority in appointment as primary teachers by the state
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- India deeply appreciates US' engagement in Asia-Pacific: Ashton Carter
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative