FIR against protesting contractual teachers in UP
Lucknow: The district police has registered
an FIR against over 25,000 contractual teachers for clashing with police on September 14, police said Thursday.
The cases were registered under relevant sections of
IPC, they said, adding, while 65 persons including state
president of Adarsh Siksha Mitra Welfare Association (ASMWA)
Jitendra Shahi were named, 25000 were unidentified.
The contractual teachers clashed with the police injuring
over two dozen persons including DIG Lucknow and other senior
police officers two days back.
The protesting teachers were demanding that they be
given priority in appointment as primary teachers by the state
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead