FIR against protesting contractual teachers in UP
Lucknow: The district police has registered
an FIR against over 25,000 contractual teachers for clashing with police on September 14, police said Thursday.
The cases were registered under relevant sections of
IPC, they said, adding, while 65 persons including state
president of Adarsh Siksha Mitra Welfare Association (ASMWA)
Jitendra Shahi were named, 25000 were unidentified.
The contractual teachers clashed with the police injuring
over two dozen persons including DIG Lucknow and other senior
police officers two days back.
The protesting teachers were demanding that they be
given priority in appointment as primary teachers by the state
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror