FIR against Raj Babbar for violating poll code
Ghaziabad: An FIR has been registered against Congress candidate from Ghaziabad, Raj Babbar, for carrying his roadshow beyond the stipulated time in Pilakhua area of the constituency in violation of the Model Code of Conduct.
Police said that the actor-turned-politician had sought permission to organise his roadshow till 10 PM last night, but despite his request being turned down by police officials, he continued with his roadshow late night.
"He had sought permission from us to carry his roadshow after the evening, but we had turned down his request. Despite this, he carried his roadshow till 10 PM last night. We have registered FIR against him for violating Model Code of Conduct," Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Raj Kumar Singh.
Singh added that a probe has been ordered to investigate the matter and electoral officers have also been informed about it.
On March 24, Babbar had lost his cool and lashed out at cops for videographing him during his campaign in Vijay Nagar area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16