FIR against Raj Babbar for violating poll code
Ghaziabad: An FIR has been registered against Congress candidate from Ghaziabad, Raj Babbar, for carrying his roadshow beyond the stipulated time in Pilakhua area of the constituency in violation of the Model Code of Conduct.
Police said that the actor-turned-politician had sought permission to organise his roadshow till 10 PM last night, but despite his request being turned down by police officials, he continued with his roadshow late night.
"He had sought permission from us to carry his roadshow after the evening, but we had turned down his request. Despite this, he carried his roadshow till 10 PM last night. We have registered FIR against him for violating Model Code of Conduct," Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Raj Kumar Singh.
Singh added that a probe has been ordered to investigate the matter and electoral officers have also been informed about it.
On March 24, Babbar had lost his cool and lashed out at cops for videographing him during his campaign in Vijay Nagar area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Saudi Airlines flight halted for 3 days in Ahmedabad!
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- I have not applied for any role with Australian cricket team, clarifies Jason Gillespie
- BJP nominates Piyush Goyal from Maharashtra for Raya Sabha election
- Your financial strength could impact your romantic relationships – Read more
- Hyundai Grand i10 Special Edition launched in India at Rs 6.05 lakh
- Shiv Sena backs Bajrang Dal, says 'take arms to fight terrorism'