FIR against Raj Babbar for violating poll code
Ghaziabad: An FIR has been registered against Congress candidate from Ghaziabad, Raj Babbar, for carrying his roadshow beyond the stipulated time in Pilakhua area of the constituency in violation of the Model Code of Conduct.
Police said that the actor-turned-politician had sought permission to organise his roadshow till 10 PM last night, but despite his request being turned down by police officials, he continued with his roadshow late night.
"He had sought permission from us to carry his roadshow after the evening, but we had turned down his request. Despite this, he carried his roadshow till 10 PM last night. We have registered FIR against him for violating Model Code of Conduct," Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Raj Kumar Singh.
Singh added that a probe has been ordered to investigate the matter and electoral officers have also been informed about it.
On March 24, Babbar had lost his cool and lashed out at cops for videographing him during his campaign in Vijay Nagar area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read