FIR against Raj Babbar for violating poll code
Ghaziabad: An FIR has been registered against Congress candidate from Ghaziabad, Raj Babbar, for carrying his roadshow beyond the stipulated time in Pilakhua area of the constituency in violation of the Model Code of Conduct.
Police said that the actor-turned-politician had sought permission to organise his roadshow till 10 PM last night, but despite his request being turned down by police officials, he continued with his roadshow late night.
"He had sought permission from us to carry his roadshow after the evening, but we had turned down his request. Despite this, he carried his roadshow till 10 PM last night. We have registered FIR against him for violating Model Code of Conduct," Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Raj Kumar Singh.
Singh added that a probe has been ordered to investigate the matter and electoral officers have also been informed about it.
On March 24, Babbar had lost his cool and lashed out at cops for videographing him during his campaign in Vijay Nagar area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore