FIR against Raj Babbar for violating poll code
Ghaziabad: An FIR has been registered against Congress candidate from Ghaziabad, Raj Babbar, for carrying his roadshow beyond the stipulated time in Pilakhua area of the constituency in violation of the Model Code of Conduct.
Police said that the actor-turned-politician had sought permission to organise his roadshow till 10 PM last night, but despite his request being turned down by police officials, he continued with his roadshow late night.
"He had sought permission from us to carry his roadshow after the evening, but we had turned down his request. Despite this, he carried his roadshow till 10 PM last night. We have registered FIR against him for violating Model Code of Conduct," Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Raj Kumar Singh.
Singh added that a probe has been ordered to investigate the matter and electoral officers have also been informed about it.
On March 24, Babbar had lost his cool and lashed out at cops for videographing him during his campaign in Vijay Nagar area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: Know about world's highest battlefield Siachen
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!