FIR against SP MLA, 6 others
Badaun (UP): An FIR has been registered against ruling Samajwadi Party MLA Abid Raza and six others for allegedly beating a person and threatening him to register his property in the name of the legislator`s supporter, police said on Monday.
The FIR was registered at Sadar Police Station on a complaint of one Mahesh Prakash on April 18. Prakash had alleged that he was called by the MLA at his office and asked to register his land in the name of Raza`s supporter.
When he refused, the MLA`s aide -- Manoj Gupta, Rajendra Mathuria, Rizawn and others beat Prakash badly, he alleged.
The victim had met the Superintendent of Police, Ratan Kumar Srivastava, who ordered an inquiry into the matter by SP, City.
After inquiry, the role of MLA was prima facie established after which an FIR was registered against him last night, sources said.
Meanwhile, one Guddu Khan, considered a supporter of the MLA, has also lodged an FIR against Mahesh alleging that he had taken advance for registry of a plot but denied it later.
The police are probing the matter. No arrests have been made so far in these cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets