FIR against SP MLA, 6 others
Badaun (UP): An FIR has been registered against ruling Samajwadi Party MLA Abid Raza and six others for allegedly beating a person and threatening him to register his property in the name of the legislator`s supporter, police said on Monday.
The FIR was registered at Sadar Police Station on a complaint of one Mahesh Prakash on April 18. Prakash had alleged that he was called by the MLA at his office and asked to register his land in the name of Raza`s supporter.
When he refused, the MLA`s aide -- Manoj Gupta, Rajendra Mathuria, Rizawn and others beat Prakash badly, he alleged.
The victim had met the Superintendent of Police, Ratan Kumar Srivastava, who ordered an inquiry into the matter by SP, City.
After inquiry, the role of MLA was prima facie established after which an FIR was registered against him last night, sources said.
Meanwhile, one Guddu Khan, considered a supporter of the MLA, has also lodged an FIR against Mahesh alleging that he had taken advance for registry of a plot but denied it later.
The police are probing the matter. No arrests have been made so far in these cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre