FIR against SP MLA for torturing man in captivity
Lucknow: An FIR has been filed against a Samajwadi Party MLA and five others for allegedly keeping a man in captivity and torturing him in Jhansi district, police said here on Saturday.
According to the FIR filed yesterday by Mukesh Kumar
Yadav at Nawabad police station here, in July last year he
sold his car at Rs 10.75 lakh to sister-in-law of SP MLA from
Garautha constituency Deep Narain Singh Yadav. However, she
did not pay the amount at that time.
On Thursday, when Mukesh went to her to demand the money,
the MLA along with his five aides allegedly locked him in a
room and tortured him, police said.
Yadav is the second SP MLA to face an FIR in the last
Earlier, a murder case was lodged against MLA Sripat Azad
from Sadar constituency in Maharajganj district for setting a
36-year-old woman on fire.
The MLA, who was on the run for nearly 10 days, finally
surrendered before a local court on March 25.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India