FIR against SP MLA for torturing man in captivity
Lucknow: An FIR has been filed against a Samajwadi Party MLA and five others for allegedly keeping a man in captivity and torturing him in Jhansi district, police said here on Saturday.
According to the FIR filed yesterday by Mukesh Kumar
Yadav at Nawabad police station here, in July last year he
sold his car at Rs 10.75 lakh to sister-in-law of SP MLA from
Garautha constituency Deep Narain Singh Yadav. However, she
did not pay the amount at that time.
On Thursday, when Mukesh went to her to demand the money,
the MLA along with his five aides allegedly locked him in a
room and tortured him, police said.
Yadav is the second SP MLA to face an FIR in the last
Earlier, a murder case was lodged against MLA Sripat Azad
from Sadar constituency in Maharajganj district for setting a
36-year-old woman on fire.
The MLA, who was on the run for nearly 10 days, finally
surrendered before a local court on March 25.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar