FIR against three policemen over custodial death
Lakhimpur Kheri: Three policemen were booked
after a 55-year-old man, detained for interrogation, died in
police custody in Kheri town today.
The victim, Bhagwani, along with his son, Lal Ji were
detained by Kheri police for interrogation last night in
connection with a dispute with his relatives in Saraincha
village, SP Rajendra Singh said.
However, this morning, he complained of some health
problem and he was rushed to a hospital where he died, the SP
said, adding that no physical injuries were found on his body.
Following a complaint by his son, Lal Ji, the Kheri Town
police station in-charge was suspended and an FIR was lodged
against three policemen, including station officer, the SP
He said the body has been sent for the postmortem and
"stringent action will be initiated
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know