FIR against three policemen over custodial death
Lakhimpur Kheri: Three policemen were booked
after a 55-year-old man, detained for interrogation, died in
police custody in Kheri town today.
The victim, Bhagwani, along with his son, Lal Ji were
detained by Kheri police for interrogation last night in
connection with a dispute with his relatives in Saraincha
village, SP Rajendra Singh said.
However, this morning, he complained of some health
problem and he was rushed to a hospital where he died, the SP
said, adding that no physical injuries were found on his body.
Following a complaint by his son, Lal Ji, the Kheri Town
police station in-charge was suspended and an FIR was lodged
against three policemen, including station officer, the SP
He said the body has been sent for the postmortem and
"stringent action will be initiated
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test