FIR lodged against barricade contractor in Barabanki stampede
Barabanki (UP): A case of culpable homicide has been registered against the contractor, responsible for barricading during Maha Shivratri festival at the Mahedeva temple, where stampede claimed two lives on Sunday.
"An FIR has been lodged by SHO, Ram Nagar police station against barricading contractor Javed," SDM JP Singh said on Tuesday.
While two persons were killed and over a dozen injured in a stampede at a Shiva temple where thousands of devotees had lined up to pay obeisance on the occasion of Shivratri.
The incident occurred in the wee hours at Lodeshwar Mahadev Temple when the barricades collapsed due to the heavy rush of devotees.
On directives of District Magistrate, a magistrate inquiry is underway in the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands