FIR lodged against barricade contractor in Barabanki stampede
Barabanki (UP): A case of culpable homicide has been registered against the contractor, responsible for barricading during Maha Shivratri festival at the Mahedeva temple, where stampede claimed two lives on Sunday.
"An FIR has been lodged by SHO, Ram Nagar police station against barricading contractor Javed," SDM JP Singh said on Tuesday.
While two persons were killed and over a dozen injured in a stampede at a Shiva temple where thousands of devotees had lined up to pay obeisance on the occasion of Shivratri.
The incident occurred in the wee hours at Lodeshwar Mahadev Temple when the barricades collapsed due to the heavy rush of devotees.
On directives of District Magistrate, a magistrate inquiry is underway in the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed