FIR lodged against barricade contractor in Barabanki stampede
Barabanki (UP): A case of culpable homicide has been registered against the contractor, responsible for barricading during Maha Shivratri festival at the Mahedeva temple, where stampede claimed two lives on Sunday.
"An FIR has been lodged by SHO, Ram Nagar police station against barricading contractor Javed," SDM JP Singh said on Tuesday.
While two persons were killed and over a dozen injured in a stampede at a Shiva temple where thousands of devotees had lined up to pay obeisance on the occasion of Shivratri.
The incident occurred in the wee hours at Lodeshwar Mahadev Temple when the barricades collapsed due to the heavy rush of devotees.
On directives of District Magistrate, a magistrate inquiry is underway in the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling