FIR lodged against former minister in Bhadoi
Bhadoi: An FIR was lodged against former Uttar Pradesh minister Rangnath Mishra in a disproportionate assets case, police said here Wednesday.
The FIR was lodged against Mishra, a minister in the previous BSP government, by the anti-corruption bureau last evening, they said.
Earlier, a complaint was lodged against him with Uttar Pradesh Lokayukta accusing him of amassing assets amounting to Rs 1,000 crore illegally, sources said.
The Lokayukta in his report indicted Mishra after which the state government ordered a vigilance probe, they said.
The Varanasi unit of the anti-corruption bureau was given the inquiry after which its deputy Superintendent of Police Rajpal Singh lodged an FIR against the former minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Black money window: CBDT issues fresh FAQs; PAN mandatory
- France opens manslaughter inquiry into EgyptAir crash
- BGR-34 - Ayurvedic anti-diabetic drug launched by CSIR!
- After Dalai Lama met Lady Gaga, China warns of his motives
- Ishrat Jahan encounter case: GK Pillai knew of changes in affidavit, says inquiry panel