FIR lodged against former minister in Bhadoi
Bhadoi: An FIR was lodged against former Uttar Pradesh minister Rangnath Mishra in a disproportionate assets case, police said here Wednesday.
The FIR was lodged against Mishra, a minister in the previous BSP government, by the anti-corruption bureau last evening, they said.
Earlier, a complaint was lodged against him with Uttar Pradesh Lokayukta accusing him of amassing assets amounting to Rs 1,000 crore illegally, sources said.
The Lokayukta in his report indicted Mishra after which the state government ordered a vigilance probe, they said.
The Varanasi unit of the anti-corruption bureau was given the inquiry after which its deputy Superintendent of Police Rajpal Singh lodged an FIR against the former minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- DNA: Analysing how plastics are devastating our health silently
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'