FIR lodged against former minister in Bhadoi
Bhadoi: An FIR was lodged against former Uttar Pradesh minister Rangnath Mishra in a disproportionate assets case, police said here Wednesday.
The FIR was lodged against Mishra, a minister in the previous BSP government, by the anti-corruption bureau last evening, they said.
Earlier, a complaint was lodged against him with Uttar Pradesh Lokayukta accusing him of amassing assets amounting to Rs 1,000 crore illegally, sources said.
The Lokayukta in his report indicted Mishra after which the state government ordered a vigilance probe, they said.
The Varanasi unit of the anti-corruption bureau was given the inquiry after which its deputy Superintendent of Police Rajpal Singh lodged an FIR against the former minister.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?