FIR lodged against SHO for trying to harass woman constable
Lucknow: An SHO has been suspended here for allegedly trying to sexually harass a woman constable and FIR lodged against him after the charge was prima facie found to be true, police said on Thursday.
"SHO, Aliganj, Taufiq Khan was suspended on Wednesday night after charge against him of trying to sexually harass a woman constable was prima facie found true," DIG, Lucknow, Navniet Sekera said.
"An FIR under IPC section 354A (assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty) was also registered against him," he said.
The complaint against the SHO was received on the women helpline number (1090) after which an inquiry was conducted by Circle Officer, Cant, Babita Singh, who prima facie found charges against him to be true.
As per the complaint, Khan had summoned the constable in his chamber last month and grabbed her hand, besides making inappropriate gestures.
Khan denied the charge, but was suspended after allegations of the woman constable were probed, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement