FIR lodged against SHO for trying to harass woman constable
Lucknow: An SHO has been suspended here for allegedly trying to sexually harass a woman constable and FIR lodged against him after the charge was prima facie found to be true, police said on Thursday.
"SHO, Aliganj, Taufiq Khan was suspended on Wednesday night after charge against him of trying to sexually harass a woman constable was prima facie found true," DIG, Lucknow, Navniet Sekera said.
"An FIR under IPC section 354A (assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty) was also registered against him," he said.
The complaint against the SHO was received on the women helpline number (1090) after which an inquiry was conducted by Circle Officer, Cant, Babita Singh, who prima facie found charges against him to be true.
As per the complaint, Khan had summoned the constable in his chamber last month and grabbed her hand, besides making inappropriate gestures.
Khan denied the charge, but was suspended after allegations of the woman constable were probed, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees