FIR lodged against SHO for trying to harass woman constable
Lucknow: An SHO has been suspended here for allegedly trying to sexually harass a woman constable and FIR lodged against him after the charge was prima facie found to be true, police said on Thursday.
"SHO, Aliganj, Taufiq Khan was suspended on Wednesday night after charge against him of trying to sexually harass a woman constable was prima facie found true," DIG, Lucknow, Navniet Sekera said.
"An FIR under IPC section 354A (assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty) was also registered against him," he said.
The complaint against the SHO was received on the women helpline number (1090) after which an inquiry was conducted by Circle Officer, Cant, Babita Singh, who prima facie found charges against him to be true.
As per the complaint, Khan had summoned the constable in his chamber last month and grabbed her hand, besides making inappropriate gestures.
Khan denied the charge, but was suspended after allegations of the woman constable were probed, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region
- Terrorist captured in J&K's Kupwara district is Pakistani national from Lahore: Report
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US