FIR lodged against Vodafone and Airtel manager for power theft
Lucknow: The enforcement squad of Uttar
Pradesh Power Corporation has lodged FIRs against managers of
Vodafone and Airtel after it detected power theft by the two
companies in Azamgarh, officials said here today.
During the checking at Dharwara in Azamgarh yesterday,
the squad detected power consumption of both the companies
towers was much higher than the stipulated 15 KW sanctioned
"It was found that bypassing a metre, a separate
network was created for theft of power," a spokesman of the
Similarly, power theft was also detected at Sumbhi and
Jagdishpur of Azamgarh with towers of both the company having
7.5 KW and 15 KW connections respectively, he added.
The squad had also imposed a fine of Rs 12 lakh on the
companies for power theft, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'