FIR lodged against Vodafone and Airtel manager for power theft
Lucknow: The enforcement squad of Uttar
Pradesh Power Corporation has lodged FIRs against managers of
Vodafone and Airtel after it detected power theft by the two
companies in Azamgarh, officials said here today.
During the checking at Dharwara in Azamgarh yesterday,
the squad detected power consumption of both the companies
towers was much higher than the stipulated 15 KW sanctioned
"It was found that bypassing a metre, a separate
network was created for theft of power," a spokesman of the
Similarly, power theft was also detected at Sumbhi and
Jagdishpur of Azamgarh with towers of both the company having
7.5 KW and 15 KW connections respectively, he added.
The squad had also imposed a fine of Rs 12 lakh on the
companies for power theft, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence