FIR lodged for non-maintenance of roads
Varanasi: An FIR was lodged on Saturday against contractors of UP Jal Nigam, L&T and Megha Engineering and Infrastructure for the alleged ignoring of maintenance of developmental projects here.
BJP MLA Ravindra Jaiswal and others lodged the FIR under sections 406, 419 and 420 of IPC for fraud and laxity in maintenance of developmental project works in the city, Varanasi SP Rahul Raj said.
Jaiswal said the companies were not maintaining the roads which were dug for laying sewage, drainage and water supply pipelines under the Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM) despite receiving money for the purpose.
The Centre had allotted Rs 700 crores for these projects, which included maintenance of the roads for almost two years after the laying of the pipelines, he said.
After filling up the potholes, the contractors of UP Jal Nigam and the said companies considered their job done, Jaiswal alleged and sought action against them.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Chopper scam: Willing to come to India and face probe, says AgustaWestland middleman Christian James Michel
- Pro-Afzal event at JNU: Kanhaiya Kumar, others begin indefinite strike against punishment
- Meghalaya CM's wife, Sangma's son file nomination papers for Tura Lok Sabha bypoll
- Check cgbse.nic.in, www.cgbse.net 10th HS Results 2016 Chhattisgarh CG Board, CGBSE today at 10 AM
- Pakistani Sikhs open temple after 73 years, risking attacks