FIR lodged for non-maintenance of roads
Varanasi: An FIR was lodged on Saturday against contractors of UP Jal Nigam, L&T and Megha Engineering and Infrastructure for the alleged ignoring of maintenance of developmental projects here.
BJP MLA Ravindra Jaiswal and others lodged the FIR under sections 406, 419 and 420 of IPC for fraud and laxity in maintenance of developmental project works in the city, Varanasi SP Rahul Raj said.
Jaiswal said the companies were not maintaining the roads which were dug for laying sewage, drainage and water supply pipelines under the Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM) despite receiving money for the purpose.
The Centre had allotted Rs 700 crores for these projects, which included maintenance of the roads for almost two years after the laying of the pipelines, he said.
After filling up the potholes, the contractors of UP Jal Nigam and the said companies considered their job done, Jaiswal alleged and sought action against them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Now, Nashik farmers sell fresh grapes online!
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Mumbai: Mobile app to fight ISIS influence among youth across India
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen