FIR lodged for non-maintenance of roads
Varanasi: An FIR was lodged on Saturday against contractors of UP Jal Nigam, L&T and Megha Engineering and Infrastructure for the alleged ignoring of maintenance of developmental projects here.
BJP MLA Ravindra Jaiswal and others lodged the FIR under sections 406, 419 and 420 of IPC for fraud and laxity in maintenance of developmental project works in the city, Varanasi SP Rahul Raj said.
Jaiswal said the companies were not maintaining the roads which were dug for laying sewage, drainage and water supply pipelines under the Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM) despite receiving money for the purpose.
The Centre had allotted Rs 700 crores for these projects, which included maintenance of the roads for almost two years after the laying of the pipelines, he said.
After filling up the potholes, the contractors of UP Jal Nigam and the said companies considered their job done, Jaiswal alleged and sought action against them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- '4 am airport spotting', Neha Dhupia slays in Sepia!-- See pic
- Chinese President Xi Jinping urges caution over US missile deployment in South Korea
- 7th Pay Commission: Auto makers expect spurt in sales
- 'Star Trek Beyond' to hit Indian screens on July 22!
- Salman Khan failed to recognise Sushant Singh Rajput! - Details inside