FIR lodged for non-maintenance of roads
Varanasi: An FIR was lodged on Saturday against contractors of UP Jal Nigam, L&T and Megha Engineering and Infrastructure for the alleged ignoring of maintenance of developmental projects here.
BJP MLA Ravindra Jaiswal and others lodged the FIR under sections 406, 419 and 420 of IPC for fraud and laxity in maintenance of developmental project works in the city, Varanasi SP Rahul Raj said.
Jaiswal said the companies were not maintaining the roads which were dug for laying sewage, drainage and water supply pipelines under the Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM) despite receiving money for the purpose.
The Centre had allotted Rs 700 crores for these projects, which included maintenance of the roads for almost two years after the laying of the pipelines, he said.
After filling up the potholes, the contractors of UP Jal Nigam and the said companies considered their job done, Jaiswal alleged and sought action against them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’