FIR registered against SP MLA, 250 others
Sitapur (UP): An FIR was registered against a SP MLA and 250 others for allegedly demolishing a wall in police lines area here, a charge denied by the legislator.
The wall was constructed in police lines to stop commutation of public for security reasons. The issue has been a bone of contention between police and public, according to whom the structure was a problem as they had to take a longer path to commute.
Yesterday, SP MLA Radheyshyam Jaiswal along with his supporters demolished the wall, police said.
A case has been registered under various sections of the IPC for destruction of public property, they said.
Meanwhile, the MLA denied his involvement in the activity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj