FIR registered against SP MLA, 250 others
Sitapur (UP): An FIR was registered against a SP MLA and 250 others for allegedly demolishing a wall in police lines area here, a charge denied by the legislator.
The wall was constructed in police lines to stop commutation of public for security reasons. The issue has been a bone of contention between police and public, according to whom the structure was a problem as they had to take a longer path to commute.
Yesterday, SP MLA Radheyshyam Jaiswal along with his supporters demolished the wall, police said.
A case has been registered under various sections of the IPC for destruction of public property, they said.
Meanwhile, the MLA denied his involvement in the activity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing