FIR registered against SP MLA allegedly setting a woman ablaze
Mahrajganj (UP): An FIR has been filed
against Samajwadi Party MLA from Sadar constituency here
Sripat Azad for allegedly setting a woman ablaze.
According to the FIR filed by the victim`s minor son
at the Kotwali police station here late last night, Azad
allegedly threw some inflammable substance on the woman and
set her on afire, Superintendent of Police said.
The woman, who received serious burn injuries, has
been admitted to the Gorakhpur Medical College Hospital where
her condition was stated to be serious, the SP said.
Police is trying to ascertain the whereabouts of Azad,
who is presently not in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional