FIR registered against SP MLA allegedly setting a woman ablaze
Mahrajganj (UP): An FIR has been filed
against Samajwadi Party MLA from Sadar constituency here
Sripat Azad for allegedly setting a woman ablaze.
According to the FIR filed by the victim`s minor son
at the Kotwali police station here late last night, Azad
allegedly threw some inflammable substance on the woman and
set her on afire, Superintendent of Police said.
The woman, who received serious burn injuries, has
been admitted to the Gorakhpur Medical College Hospital where
her condition was stated to be serious, the SP said.
Police is trying to ascertain the whereabouts of Azad,
who is presently not in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Anushka Sharma slaps ‘Sultan’ Salman Khan?