Fire at Agra shoe factory
Agra: Goods worth crores of rupees were destroyed after a fire broke out in a shoe factory here late on Saturday. The firefighters have managed to extinguish the blaze, police said.
The fire broke out in the four-storey building of Basant Overseas on the Agra-Delhi highway. The blaze has been brought under control, a police official said on Sunday.
An eyewitness said that chemicals, inflammable solutions, leather and synthetic foam stored in the basement of the factory made the task of the firefighters more difficult.
Traffic on the highway was disrupted for hours.
Chief fire officer Zakir Hussain said a probe is on to ascertain the reason behind the fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism - Part II
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh