Fire at Agra shoe factory
Agra: Goods worth crores of rupees were destroyed after a fire broke out in a shoe factory here late on Saturday. The firefighters have managed to extinguish the blaze, police said.
The fire broke out in the four-storey building of Basant Overseas on the Agra-Delhi highway. The blaze has been brought under control, a police official said on Sunday.
An eyewitness said that chemicals, inflammable solutions, leather and synthetic foam stored in the basement of the factory made the task of the firefighters more difficult.
Traffic on the highway was disrupted for hours.
Chief fire officer Zakir Hussain said a probe is on to ascertain the reason behind the fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city