Fire at Agra shoe factory
Agra: Goods worth crores of rupees were destroyed after a fire broke out in a shoe factory here late on Saturday. The firefighters have managed to extinguish the blaze, police said.
The fire broke out in the four-storey building of Basant Overseas on the Agra-Delhi highway. The blaze has been brought under control, a police official said on Sunday.
An eyewitness said that chemicals, inflammable solutions, leather and synthetic foam stored in the basement of the factory made the task of the firefighters more difficult.
Traffic on the highway was disrupted for hours.
Chief fire officer Zakir Hussain said a probe is on to ascertain the reason behind the fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?