Fire at Agra shoe factory
Agra: Goods worth crores of rupees were destroyed after a fire broke out in a shoe factory here late on Saturday. The firefighters have managed to extinguish the blaze, police said.
The fire broke out in the four-storey building of Basant Overseas on the Agra-Delhi highway. The blaze has been brought under control, a police official said on Sunday.
An eyewitness said that chemicals, inflammable solutions, leather and synthetic foam stored in the basement of the factory made the task of the firefighters more difficult.
Traffic on the highway was disrupted for hours.
Chief fire officer Zakir Hussain said a probe is on to ascertain the reason behind the fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!