Fire at LIC building in Kanpur
Lucknow: A massive fire broke out at the Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) building in Kanpur on Thursday, police said.
No one was injured in the incident as the office had not opened at the time the fire broke out.
However, police said that furniture, records, computers and other electrical items on the second and third floors were completely gutted.
The LIC building is a prominent landmark in Kanpur. The fire broke out at 9 am on the third floor.
People noticed the fire after they saw a mass of smoke coming out from the building. Five fire tenders were rushed to contain the fire.
"After more than two hours, the fire was brought under control," a fire department officer told a news agency.
"Prima facie the fire appeared to have begun from a short circuit," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH