Fire at LIC building in Kanpur
Lucknow: A massive fire broke out at the Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) building in Kanpur on Thursday, police said.
No one was injured in the incident as the office had not opened at the time the fire broke out.
However, police said that furniture, records, computers and other electrical items on the second and third floors were completely gutted.
The LIC building is a prominent landmark in Kanpur. The fire broke out at 9 am on the third floor.
People noticed the fire after they saw a mass of smoke coming out from the building. Five fire tenders were rushed to contain the fire.
"After more than two hours, the fire was brought under control," a fire department officer told a news agency.
"Prima facie the fire appeared to have begun from a short circuit," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- 'Indian economy stands out amongst emerging markets'
- Indian Cricket Coach Selection: Ravi Shastri 'done' with Indian cricket team, wants to move on
- Chancellor Angela Merkel tells Britain no 'cherry-picking' in Brexit talks
- Shiv Sena questions Modi over his black money promise
- Water tanker scam: ACB trying to arrest me, says Delhi Water Minister Kapil Mishra