Fire breaks out in Ghaziabad building, several cars gutted
Ghaziabad: Several cars were gutted in a fire that broke out on Friday afternoon in the basement of a residential building in Indirapuram area in Ghaziabad.
There was no loss of life in the fire that struck the basement of Tower Number 2 of ATS residential society in Nitikhand area of Indirapuram at around 1 pm, a senior fire official said.
As many as 16 fire tenders were rushed to the spot, and firemen were still dousing the flames, Ghaziabad Chief fire officer AP Singh said, adding that more tenders would be required to douse the flames.
The exact cause of the fire is yet to be ascertained, he said.
Though no loss of life was reported, damages to property worth crores could not be ruled out, fire officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video