Fire in Lucknow warehouse, two labourers killed
Lucknow: Two labourers were killed and two received multiple burns in a major fire that broke out in a warehouse of a paint agency here, police said on Friday.
The incident occurred late Thursday at Vinni Paints located in Purania locality here. Rinku Yadav and Chotu, both in their early 20s, died late Thursday while undergoing treatment in a hospital.
"We had to press eight fire tenders to douse the massive fire. We rescued four young workers, but two of them, who had received over 90 percent burns, succumbed during treatment," Chief Fire Officer (CFO) Rajendra Tiwari told reporters on Friday.
According to officials, fire safety and prevention norms were not being followed by the owner, who is now absconding.
"A case has been registered against the warehouse owner Deepak Kumar Mishra," Deputy Superintendent of Police Rajesh Srivastava told reporters.
Officials believe a short-circuit may have caused the blaze.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional