Fire in Lucknow warehouse, two labourers killed
Lucknow: Two labourers were killed and two received multiple burns in a major fire that broke out in a warehouse of a paint agency here, police said on Friday.
The incident occurred late Thursday at Vinni Paints located in Purania locality here. Rinku Yadav and Chotu, both in their early 20s, died late Thursday while undergoing treatment in a hospital.
"We had to press eight fire tenders to douse the massive fire. We rescued four young workers, but two of them, who had received over 90 percent burns, succumbed during treatment," Chief Fire Officer (CFO) Rajendra Tiwari told reporters on Friday.
According to officials, fire safety and prevention norms were not being followed by the owner, who is now absconding.
"A case has been registered against the warehouse owner Deepak Kumar Mishra," Deputy Superintendent of Police Rajesh Srivastava told reporters.
Officials believe a short-circuit may have caused the blaze.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery