Fire in Lucknow warehouse, two labourers killed
Lucknow: Two labourers were killed and two received multiple burns in a major fire that broke out in a warehouse of a paint agency here, police said on Friday.
The incident occurred late Thursday at Vinni Paints located in Purania locality here. Rinku Yadav and Chotu, both in their early 20s, died late Thursday while undergoing treatment in a hospital.
"We had to press eight fire tenders to douse the massive fire. We rescued four young workers, but two of them, who had received over 90 percent burns, succumbed during treatment," Chief Fire Officer (CFO) Rajendra Tiwari told reporters on Friday.
According to officials, fire safety and prevention norms were not being followed by the owner, who is now absconding.
"A case has been registered against the warehouse owner Deepak Kumar Mishra," Deputy Superintendent of Police Rajesh Srivastava told reporters.
Officials believe a short-circuit may have caused the blaze.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!