Fire in Lucknow warehouse, two labourers killed
Lucknow: Two labourers were killed and two received multiple burns in a major fire that broke out in a warehouse of a paint agency here, police said on Friday.
The incident occurred late Thursday at Vinni Paints located in Purania locality here. Rinku Yadav and Chotu, both in their early 20s, died late Thursday while undergoing treatment in a hospital.
"We had to press eight fire tenders to douse the massive fire. We rescued four young workers, but two of them, who had received over 90 percent burns, succumbed during treatment," Chief Fire Officer (CFO) Rajendra Tiwari told reporters on Friday.
According to officials, fire safety and prevention norms were not being followed by the owner, who is now absconding.
"A case has been registered against the warehouse owner Deepak Kumar Mishra," Deputy Superintendent of Police Rajesh Srivastava told reporters.
Officials believe a short-circuit may have caused the blaze.
- E-vehicle maker Clean Motion to invest $10 million in India
- Must watch VIDEO: This is possibly the best ever catch of IPL
- BCCI secretary Anurag Thakur proposes 10 years of jail term for fixers in private bill
- After Uttarakhand, now Himachal faces the brunt of forest fires, 50 ha of woodland destroyed
- Good News: Flying from IGI Airport becomes cheaper from May 1