Fire in Lucknow warehouse, two labourers killed
Lucknow: Two labourers were killed and two received multiple burns in a major fire that broke out in a warehouse of a paint agency here, police said on Friday.
The incident occurred late Thursday at Vinni Paints located in Purania locality here. Rinku Yadav and Chotu, both in their early 20s, died late Thursday while undergoing treatment in a hospital.
"We had to press eight fire tenders to douse the massive fire. We rescued four young workers, but two of them, who had received over 90 percent burns, succumbed during treatment," Chief Fire Officer (CFO) Rajendra Tiwari told reporters on Friday.
According to officials, fire safety and prevention norms were not being followed by the owner, who is now absconding.
"A case has been registered against the warehouse owner Deepak Kumar Mishra," Deputy Superintendent of Police Rajesh Srivastava told reporters.
Officials believe a short-circuit may have caused the blaze.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Sakshi Malik arrives to rousing reception, felicitated by Haryana government
- Trump slams Clinton for `Third World`- style corruption
- On being No. 1 in Tests: We need to do a lot to maintain it, says Pakistan skipper Misbah-ul-Haq
- Reasons why you're having chest pain!
- Madhya Pradesh assembly to consider GST Bill today