Fire in Uttar Pradesh warehouse, no casualty
Lucknow: Property worth lakhs of rupees was destroyed in a massive fire that broke out in a paint warehouse in Uttar Pradesh`s Meerut district early Wednesday, police said. There was no casualty.
The fire engulfed the warehouse in the multi-storey Amit Complex in the Lal Kurti area at around 1 a.m.
Inflammable raw materials were stored in the warehouse and the fire soon spread in the building. Only a few people were present in the warehouse at the time of the incident.
"With the timely intervention of fire-fighting officials, all the people were rescued and the fire was brought under control," police inspector Ravikant Paras told reporters in Meerut, some 450 km from here.
The exact reason behind the fire is yet to be ascertained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok