Firozabad: FIR lodged against 6 police personnel
Firozabad: An FIR has been lodged against six police personnel, including two sub-inspectors, by CB-CID in a three-year-old custodial death case.
CB-CID Sub-Inspector Ram Khiladi lodged an FIR against two Sub-Inspectors and four personnel at Sirsaganj police station on Wednesday in connection with the death of Surajpal Yadav alias
Sua in police custody in 2009, officials said.
On December 15, 2009, Sua was arrested in Arms Act and Narcotics Act and was later produced in the court.
Sua was admitted to the district jail on December 16 where he died during treatment the next day, they said. Police said that initially a magisterial inquiry was ordered into the case, but later the investigation was transferred to the CB-CID.
According to the FIR, the CB-CID has indicted Sis Rakesj Kumar and Sarvesh Kumar and personnel Girish, Hriday Singh, Rajveer Singh and Dharveer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II