Firozabad: FIR lodged against 6 police personnel
Firozabad: An FIR has been lodged against six police personnel, including two sub-inspectors, by CB-CID in a three-year-old custodial death case.
CB-CID Sub-Inspector Ram Khiladi lodged an FIR against two Sub-Inspectors and four personnel at Sirsaganj police station on Wednesday in connection with the death of Surajpal Yadav alias
Sua in police custody in 2009, officials said.
On December 15, 2009, Sua was arrested in Arms Act and Narcotics Act and was later produced in the court.
Sua was admitted to the district jail on December 16 where he died during treatment the next day, they said. Police said that initially a magisterial inquiry was ordered into the case, but later the investigation was transferred to the CB-CID.
According to the FIR, the CB-CID has indicted Sis Rakesj Kumar and Sarvesh Kumar and personnel Girish, Hriday Singh, Rajveer Singh and Dharveer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you