Firozabad: FIR lodged against 6 police personnel
Firozabad: An FIR has been lodged against six police personnel, including two sub-inspectors, by CB-CID in a three-year-old custodial death case.
CB-CID Sub-Inspector Ram Khiladi lodged an FIR against two Sub-Inspectors and four personnel at Sirsaganj police station on Wednesday in connection with the death of Surajpal Yadav alias
Sua in police custody in 2009, officials said.
On December 15, 2009, Sua was arrested in Arms Act and Narcotics Act and was later produced in the court.
Sua was admitted to the district jail on December 16 where he died during treatment the next day, they said. Police said that initially a magisterial inquiry was ordered into the case, but later the investigation was transferred to the CB-CID.
According to the FIR, the CB-CID has indicted Sis Rakesj Kumar and Sarvesh Kumar and personnel Girish, Hriday Singh, Rajveer Singh and Dharveer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened