Firozabad: FIR lodged against 6 police personnel
Firozabad: An FIR has been lodged against six police personnel, including two sub-inspectors, by CB-CID in a three-year-old custodial death case.
CB-CID Sub-Inspector Ram Khiladi lodged an FIR against two Sub-Inspectors and four personnel at Sirsaganj police station on Wednesday in connection with the death of Surajpal Yadav alias
Sua in police custody in 2009, officials said.
On December 15, 2009, Sua was arrested in Arms Act and Narcotics Act and was later produced in the court.
Sua was admitted to the district jail on December 16 where he died during treatment the next day, they said. Police said that initially a magisterial inquiry was ordered into the case, but later the investigation was transferred to the CB-CID.
According to the FIR, the CB-CID has indicted Sis Rakesj Kumar and Sarvesh Kumar and personnel Girish, Hriday Singh, Rajveer Singh and Dharveer.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav