Firozabad rape case: Two police officials, CMS suspended
Firozabad: Two police officials and the chief medical superintendent of a district hospital have been suspended and an FIR lodged against them for their alleged
laxity in performing their duties after a girl was raped and attempted self immolation.
The 13-year-old girl belonging to a backward community attempted self-immolation at her residence in Nagla Gumani village after being allegedly raped by two youths - Rahul (18) and Bablesh (19) when she was returning from a Republic Day function.
Additional Superintendent of Police Daddan Pal said today that "SHO Nagla Khangar police station and sub inspector Siyaram have been suspended and FIR has been lodged against them for not performing their duties effectively".
CMS of district hospital Dr PK Jain has also been suspended for not informing authorities about the incident and alleged laxity in performing his duties.
"The girl in her statement given before a magistrate has stated that she was raped by the two youths," he said.
The Class V student is presently undergoing treatment in Delhi`s Safdarganj Hospital.
While Rahul has been arrested, Bablesh is yet to be nabbed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble