Firozabad rape case: Two police officials, CMS suspended
Firozabad: Two police officials and the chief medical superintendent of a district hospital have been suspended and an FIR lodged against them for their alleged
laxity in performing their duties after a girl was raped and attempted self immolation.
The 13-year-old girl belonging to a backward community attempted self-immolation at her residence in Nagla Gumani village after being allegedly raped by two youths - Rahul (18) and Bablesh (19) when she was returning from a Republic Day function.
Additional Superintendent of Police Daddan Pal said today that "SHO Nagla Khangar police station and sub inspector Siyaram have been suspended and FIR has been lodged against them for not performing their duties effectively".
CMS of district hospital Dr PK Jain has also been suspended for not informing authorities about the incident and alleged laxity in performing his duties.
"The girl in her statement given before a magistrate has stated that she was raped by the two youths," he said.
The Class V student is presently undergoing treatment in Delhi`s Safdarganj Hospital.
While Rahul has been arrested, Bablesh is yet to be nabbed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India