Firozabad rape case: Two police officials, CMS suspended
Firozabad: Two police officials and the chief medical superintendent of a district hospital have been suspended and an FIR lodged against them for their alleged
laxity in performing their duties after a girl was raped and attempted self immolation.
The 13-year-old girl belonging to a backward community attempted self-immolation at her residence in Nagla Gumani village after being allegedly raped by two youths - Rahul (18) and Bablesh (19) when she was returning from a Republic Day function.
Additional Superintendent of Police Daddan Pal said today that "SHO Nagla Khangar police station and sub inspector Siyaram have been suspended and FIR has been lodged against them for not performing their duties effectively".
CMS of district hospital Dr PK Jain has also been suspended for not informing authorities about the incident and alleged laxity in performing his duties.
"The girl in her statement given before a magistrate has stated that she was raped by the two youths," he said.
The Class V student is presently undergoing treatment in Delhi`s Safdarganj Hospital.
While Rahul has been arrested, Bablesh is yet to be nabbed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes