Firozabad rape case: Two police officials, CMS suspended
Firozabad: Two police officials and the chief medical superintendent of a district hospital have been suspended and an FIR lodged against them for their alleged
laxity in performing their duties after a girl was raped and attempted self immolation.
The 13-year-old girl belonging to a backward community attempted self-immolation at her residence in Nagla Gumani village after being allegedly raped by two youths - Rahul (18) and Bablesh (19) when she was returning from a Republic Day function.
Additional Superintendent of Police Daddan Pal said today that "SHO Nagla Khangar police station and sub inspector Siyaram have been suspended and FIR has been lodged against them for not performing their duties effectively".
CMS of district hospital Dr PK Jain has also been suspended for not informing authorities about the incident and alleged laxity in performing his duties.
"The girl in her statement given before a magistrate has stated that she was raped by the two youths," he said.
The Class V student is presently undergoing treatment in Delhi`s Safdarganj Hospital.
While Rahul has been arrested, Bablesh is yet to be nabbed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees