Firozabad rape case: Two police officials, CMS suspended
Firozabad: Two police officials and the chief medical superintendent of a district hospital have been suspended and an FIR lodged against them for their alleged
laxity in performing their duties after a girl was raped and attempted self immolation.
The 13-year-old girl belonging to a backward community attempted self-immolation at her residence in Nagla Gumani village after being allegedly raped by two youths - Rahul (18) and Bablesh (19) when she was returning from a Republic Day function.
Additional Superintendent of Police Daddan Pal said today that "SHO Nagla Khangar police station and sub inspector Siyaram have been suspended and FIR has been lodged against them for not performing their duties effectively".
CMS of district hospital Dr PK Jain has also been suspended for not informing authorities about the incident and alleged laxity in performing his duties.
"The girl in her statement given before a magistrate has stated that she was raped by the two youths," he said.
The Class V student is presently undergoing treatment in Delhi`s Safdarganj Hospital.
While Rahul has been arrested, Bablesh is yet to be nabbed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Xiaomi Redmi Pro to be launched today; Is Mi Notebook on the way too?
- Income Tax raid at AAP legislator's residence
- Bezwada Wilson, T M Krishna win Ramon Magsaysay Award
- Caribbean Premier League eyes US ahead of T20 games
- Mayawati slur row: Expelled BJP leader Dayashankar Singh spotted in Jharkhand – See pics