Five accused in gangrape case sent to judicial remand
Patna: A court on Saturday remanded five persons to 14 days judicial custody in connection with the alleged gangrape of a girl from Chandauli (Uttar Pradesh) in the state capital two days ago.
The five accused persons - Neeraj Kumar, Purusottam Raut, Tulsi Raut, Ravi and Ranjit were produced by the police before the Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM) Ramakant Yadav who remanded them to judicial custody for 14 days.
The Shastri Nagar police had arrested the five persons last night in connection with the alleged gangrape of the girl at a house in Patel Nagar locality two days ago, Superintendent of Police (SP), City, Jayant Kant said.
The girl was picked up by the accused persons from near Patna junction on September 27 night and taken to a house allegedly belonging to a political leader from Jharkhand where she was allegedly gangraped, he said.
Some tenants had informed the police about the incident and the cops had swung into action and arrested the persons, besides taking the girl to a government hospital for medical examination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?