Five accused in gangrape case sent to judicial remand
Patna: A court on Saturday remanded five persons to 14 days judicial custody in connection with the alleged gangrape of a girl from Chandauli (Uttar Pradesh) in the state capital two days ago.
The five accused persons - Neeraj Kumar, Purusottam Raut, Tulsi Raut, Ravi and Ranjit were produced by the police before the Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM) Ramakant Yadav who remanded them to judicial custody for 14 days.
The Shastri Nagar police had arrested the five persons last night in connection with the alleged gangrape of the girl at a house in Patel Nagar locality two days ago, Superintendent of Police (SP), City, Jayant Kant said.
The girl was picked up by the accused persons from near Patna junction on September 27 night and taken to a house allegedly belonging to a political leader from Jharkhand where she was allegedly gangraped, he said.
Some tenants had informed the police about the incident and the cops had swung into action and arrested the persons, besides taking the girl to a government hospital for medical examination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list