Five accused in gangrape case sent to judicial remand
Patna: A court on Saturday remanded five persons to 14 days judicial custody in connection with the alleged gangrape of a girl from Chandauli (Uttar Pradesh) in the state capital two days ago.
The five accused persons - Neeraj Kumar, Purusottam Raut, Tulsi Raut, Ravi and Ranjit were produced by the police before the Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM) Ramakant Yadav who remanded them to judicial custody for 14 days.
The Shastri Nagar police had arrested the five persons last night in connection with the alleged gangrape of the girl at a house in Patel Nagar locality two days ago, Superintendent of Police (SP), City, Jayant Kant said.
The girl was picked up by the accused persons from near Patna junction on September 27 night and taken to a house allegedly belonging to a political leader from Jharkhand where she was allegedly gangraped, he said.
Some tenants had informed the police about the incident and the cops had swung into action and arrested the persons, besides taking the girl to a government hospital for medical examination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- India vs South Africa, 1st ODI: Rohit's century in vain as Proteas snatch 5-run win