Five dead as car falls into pit in UP
Lucknow: Five youths were killed when their car fell into a deep pit in Uttar Pradesh, police said Monday.
The accident took place late Sunday in Jalalpur area of Ambedkar Nagar district when the car carrying the five friends, all aged between 23 ans 25, spun out of control and fell into the roadside pit.
"By the time we reached the accident site, all the youths had died. After several hours, we were able to extricate the bodies, assisted by locals," police inspector P.K. Singh told reporters in Ambedkar Nagar, some 140 km from Lucknow.
According to police, all the five youths were locals.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- IMF sees emerging market innovations as 'crankiness' of Governor: Raghuram Rajan
- Strengthen ties with India to counter China, Obama administration told
- Burkina bans officials from accepting gifts over $60
- Controversy in the making: Centre asks Urdu writers not to write anti-national content
- Iran starts voting in parliament election run-offs