Five devotees killed in Uttar Pradesh accident
Lucknow: At least five devotees were killed and 30 injured when the bus in which they were travelling in fell into a gorge near Gonda in Uttar Pradesh, police said Wednesday.
The accident took place late Tuesday when the private bus carrying the devotees from Ayodhya skidded off the road and fell into the gorge in Gulabpurwa village.
"Four devotees died on the spot and another succumbed to his injuries while being treated at a hospital," police inspector S.D. Singh told reporters in Gonda, about 150 km from here.
"All the injured are being treated at the district hospital. The condition of eight of them is stated to be serious," he added.
According to police, those killed or injured were natives of Uttar Pradesh`s Bahraich district who had gone to Ayodhya to attend a religious function on Ram Navami.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security