Five devotees killed in Uttar Pradesh accident
Lucknow: At least five devotees were killed and 30 injured when the bus in which they were travelling in fell into a gorge near Gonda in Uttar Pradesh, police said Wednesday.
The accident took place late Tuesday when the private bus carrying the devotees from Ayodhya skidded off the road and fell into the gorge in Gulabpurwa village.
"Four devotees died on the spot and another succumbed to his injuries while being treated at a hospital," police inspector S.D. Singh told reporters in Gonda, about 150 km from here.
"All the injured are being treated at the district hospital. The condition of eight of them is stated to be serious," he added.
According to police, those killed or injured were natives of Uttar Pradesh`s Bahraich district who had gone to Ayodhya to attend a religious function on Ram Navami.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray