Five devotees killed in Uttar Pradesh accident
Lucknow: At least five devotees were killed and 30 injured when the bus in which they were travelling in fell into a gorge near Gonda in Uttar Pradesh, police said Wednesday.
The accident took place late Tuesday when the private bus carrying the devotees from Ayodhya skidded off the road and fell into the gorge in Gulabpurwa village.
"Four devotees died on the spot and another succumbed to his injuries while being treated at a hospital," police inspector S.D. Singh told reporters in Gonda, about 150 km from here.
"All the injured are being treated at the district hospital. The condition of eight of them is stated to be serious," he added.
According to police, those killed or injured were natives of Uttar Pradesh`s Bahraich district who had gone to Ayodhya to attend a religious function on Ram Navami.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city