Five die due to viral fever, diarrhoea in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: Four children were among five persons who died due to viral fever and diarrhoea in rural belt of the district, an official said here.
In Loni town, a 12-year-old boy Ravi, resident of Gulab Batika, died due to diarrhoea last evening in a hospital even as a dozen others were admitted due to the disease.
In Garhmukteshwar area in village Inayatpur, two girls Savitri and Shabnam, aged about 8 and 10 years, died due to viral fever.
In a separate case, 18-year-old Satpal of Mohmmadpur village died in a hospital due to high fever.
Around 20 other people have been admitted to various hospitals after they complained of high fever.
"All the deaths are due to viral fever or diarrhoea but there is nothing to worry. Adequate medicines are stored at hospitals and primary health centres. Medical staff have also been rushed to affected villages to control the situation," Chief Medical Officer A K Dhawan said, adding mobile teams of doctors have also been pressed into service in the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'A Wednesday' veterans Anupam Kher, Naseeruddin Shah spar over Kashmiri Pandits - Details inside
- National Anthem disrespect: Farooq Abdullah offers apology, says 'sorry, if I offended anyone'
- Rio Olympics should be moved or postponed due to Zika, suggest experts
- Mehbooba Mufti hints no separate colonies for Kashmiri Pandits in J&K
- Bihar board Intermediate Result 2016 declared: Check BSEB 12th Result result at www.biharboard.ac.in, www.biharboard.bih.nic.in