Five die in rain-related incidents in UP
Lucknow: Five persons were killed on Friday in rain-related incidents in Uttar Pradesh taking the toll this monsoon in the state to 93.
According to relief commissioner office sources, three people drowned in Basti and one each in Sant Kabirnagar and Gorakhpur died of lightning.
Met office here said that light to moderate rain or thundershowers occurred at isolated places over the state in the past 24 hours as Sharda and Quano continued to flow above the red mark at a couple of places.
Chief amount of rainfall recorded in the state today was Maharajganj 37 mm followed by Agra 14.8 mm and Bahraich 13.8 mm.
The Met officials forecast rain and thundershowers would occur at one or two places over the state in the next 24 hours.
Meanwhile, Central Water Commission sources said that river Ganga was still flowing close to the red mark at Fatehgarh and Ballia.
Sharda continued to flow above the danger mark at Palia Kalan (Kheri) and was rising while Ghaghra was flowing close to the red mark at Elgin bridge, Ayodhya and Turtipar.
Quano which had been in spate since the past week was still flowing above the red mark at Chandradeep Ghat (gonda) and Mukhlispur (Sant Kabirnagar) but it has receded in Basti.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown