Five die in rain-related incidents in UP
Lucknow: Five persons were killed on Friday in rain-related incidents in Uttar Pradesh taking the toll this monsoon in the state to 93.
According to relief commissioner office sources, three people drowned in Basti and one each in Sant Kabirnagar and Gorakhpur died of lightning.
Met office here said that light to moderate rain or thundershowers occurred at isolated places over the state in the past 24 hours as Sharda and Quano continued to flow above the red mark at a couple of places.
Chief amount of rainfall recorded in the state today was Maharajganj 37 mm followed by Agra 14.8 mm and Bahraich 13.8 mm.
The Met officials forecast rain and thundershowers would occur at one or two places over the state in the next 24 hours.
Meanwhile, Central Water Commission sources said that river Ganga was still flowing close to the red mark at Fatehgarh and Ballia.
Sharda continued to flow above the danger mark at Palia Kalan (Kheri) and was rising while Ghaghra was flowing close to the red mark at Elgin bridge, Ayodhya and Turtipar.
Quano which had been in spate since the past week was still flowing above the red mark at Chandradeep Ghat (gonda) and Mukhlispur (Sant Kabirnagar) but it has receded in Basti.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla