Five die in Yamuna Expressway accident
Agra: Five people were killed on Wednesday when a truck turned turtle on the Yamuna Expressway near Mathura after one of its tyres burst, police said.
Half a dozen others were injured, two of them critically, Mathura`s Senior Superintendent of Police NR Padmaja said.
At the time of the accident, police was busy clearing a jam on the expressway caused by a protest.
A 35-year-old man from Delhi died and a woman and two children from his family were injured in an accident on the expressway here Aug 25.
Speeding on the 165-km expressway, opened Aug 9, has been a major concern.
Soon after inaugurating the expressway, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav had warned commuters to drive slowly and carefully.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1
- India's NSG membership is not about arms, US tells Pakistan