Five die in Yamuna Expressway accident
Agra: Five people were killed on Wednesday when a truck turned turtle on the Yamuna Expressway near Mathura after one of its tyres burst, police said.
Half a dozen others were injured, two of them critically, Mathura`s Senior Superintendent of Police NR Padmaja said.
At the time of the accident, police was busy clearing a jam on the expressway caused by a protest.
A 35-year-old man from Delhi died and a woman and two children from his family were injured in an accident on the expressway here Aug 25.
Speeding on the 165-km expressway, opened Aug 9, has been a major concern.
Soon after inaugurating the expressway, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav had warned commuters to drive slowly and carefully.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'