Five doctors arrested for conducting sex determination test
Kanpur: Eight persons, including five doctors were on Saturday arrested for allegedly conducting sex determination tests on pregnant women, police said here.
Five doctors from various hospitals in the city, two nurses and one ward boy were arrested following raids conducted by the police, SSP Yashasvi Yadav said.
The arrests were done following a sting operation by a NGO which was shown to city DM M P Aggarwal who ordered the arrests, Yadav said.
In the video clip the doctors were seen asking Rs 2,000 to Rs 10,000 for the sex determination test, he said.
A case under relevant sections of IPC and PCPNDT Act has been registered against the accused, he said.
District and health authorities has started the proceedings to get their sonography licences and hospital licences cancelled, he said.
Medical Council of India is also being informed so that it can take the required action against the accused, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!