Five eng students arrested for killing classmate
Lucknow: Five engineering students were arrested here for allegedly killing their classmate due to differences over a girl student, police said Tuesday.
Pradeep Kashyap, Obaisuddin, Samarjeet Srivastava, Arbaz Khan and Sunny Singh were arrested Monday.
They had poisoned Apoorva Gupta during a party last year, police inspector R.B. Pandey told reporters in Lucknow. They were civil engineering syudents of a private college here.
"The five were arrested after the victim`s viscera report confirmed that he died of poisoning," he said.
They have owned up to their crime, he added.
Gupta died Dec 1, 2010. While his post-mortem examination could not confirm the cause of death, Gupta`s viscera was preserved. It showed he was poisoned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan