Five eng students arrested for killing classmate
Lucknow: Five engineering students were arrested here for allegedly killing their classmate due to differences over a girl student, police said Tuesday.
Pradeep Kashyap, Obaisuddin, Samarjeet Srivastava, Arbaz Khan and Sunny Singh were arrested Monday.
They had poisoned Apoorva Gupta during a party last year, police inspector R.B. Pandey told reporters in Lucknow. They were civil engineering syudents of a private college here.
"The five were arrested after the victim`s viscera report confirmed that he died of poisoning," he said.
They have owned up to their crime, he added.
Gupta died Dec 1, 2010. While his post-mortem examination could not confirm the cause of death, Gupta`s viscera was preserved. It showed he was poisoned.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference