Five eng students arrested for killing classmate
Lucknow: Five engineering students were arrested here for allegedly killing their classmate due to differences over a girl student, police said Tuesday.
Pradeep Kashyap, Obaisuddin, Samarjeet Srivastava, Arbaz Khan and Sunny Singh were arrested Monday.
They had poisoned Apoorva Gupta during a party last year, police inspector R.B. Pandey told reporters in Lucknow. They were civil engineering syudents of a private college here.
"The five were arrested after the victim`s viscera report confirmed that he died of poisoning," he said.
They have owned up to their crime, he added.
Gupta died Dec 1, 2010. While his post-mortem examination could not confirm the cause of death, Gupta`s viscera was preserved. It showed he was poisoned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list