Five eng students arrested for killing classmate
Lucknow: Five engineering students were arrested here for allegedly killing their classmate due to differences over a girl student, police said Tuesday.
Pradeep Kashyap, Obaisuddin, Samarjeet Srivastava, Arbaz Khan and Sunny Singh were arrested Monday.
They had poisoned Apoorva Gupta during a party last year, police inspector R.B. Pandey told reporters in Lucknow. They were civil engineering syudents of a private college here.
"The five were arrested after the victim`s viscera report confirmed that he died of poisoning," he said.
They have owned up to their crime, he added.
Gupta died Dec 1, 2010. While his post-mortem examination could not confirm the cause of death, Gupta`s viscera was preserved. It showed he was poisoned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame?
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame? - Part II
- NADA likely to declare verdict on wrestler Narsingh Yadav's doping case on Thursday
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK - Part II
- Airtel proposes Rs 30 crore annual package to Sunil Mittal
- Chinese soldiers spotted in Uttarakhand's Chamoli; defence ministry says 'no incursion'
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump could win, warns Barack Obama
- Delhi Transport Minister says 17 auto unions end strike; union leader denies
- World at war over money, not religious faith, says Pope